If you enjoy eating Dhoklas, here is an extra healthy option for you. I’m about to share my twist on this Gujarati treat called the Instant Oats Spinach Dhokla! It is super quick and easy to make with almost zero oil and is very filling!
What You Will Need
- Semolina (Rava) – 1 Cup
- Roasted Ground Oats – 1 Cup
- Besan – ½ cup
- Chopped Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Curd – ½ cup
- Chopped Spinach – ½ cup
- Chilly Ginger Garlic Paste – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Sesame Seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil (minimum)
How To Prepare Oats Spinach Dhokla
- Combine oats, besan, semolina and curd. Mix them well and add chopped spinach, coriander along with some water.
- Add chilly ginger garlic paste, turmeric and salt to the batter.
- Allow the batter to stay for 15-20 min and the semolina will soak all the water.
- After 15 min, add some water to make the batter medium thick.
- Put a steamer on medium flame.
- Lightly brush some oil over a plate and pour the batter in the plate, don’t forget to sprinkle sesame seeds over it.
- Keep the plate in the steamer and allow it to cook for 15 min nearly on medium flame.
- Once cooked, make small pieces using a knife and serve the Dhoklas hot with green chutney.
- These steamed Dhoklas will give you best combination of health and taste
- Oats in the Dhokla will give you lots of fiber
- This is a perfect go to snack for kids and you can turn it to a meal too
Did you enjoy this recipe? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below. If you’ve tried this recipe, take a pic and share it on your social media channels tagging GOQii!
For more healthy recipes, click here or speak to an expert by subscribing for GOQii’s Personalised Health Coaching.