We are back with yet another healthy recipe! This one is dedicated to weight watchers who wish to eat a low calorie, tasty sandwich!
This is my personal healthy recipe for a good low-calorie open-faced sandwich.
Here’s what you will need:
- Finely chopped purple cabbage (you can use normal cabbage) – 250 gm
- Shredded carrots – ½ cup*
- Finely chopped onions – ½ cup
- Finely chopped fresh coriander leaves – ½ cup
- Shredded paneer – ½ cup
- Chilly ginger paste – 1 tbsp*
- Salt to taste
- Multigrain bread – 6 slices
- Green chutney (coriander, garlic, chilly, ginger)
- Butter or ghee for toasting
- In a big bowl, add cabbage, carrot, onion, coriander and paneer and mix
- Add chilly ginger paste and salt to the mixture
- Take a multigrain bread and spread a tsp of green chutney, top the bread with 3 tbsp of vegetable mix. Repeat this process for all slices.
- Grease a pan with butter or ghee and put the slices with vegetable mixture on it to get toasted for 3 to 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Once the base of the bread is golden brown, remove it.
- Cut diagonally and serve immediately.
- Add some cheese on the prepared open bread sandwich if required
- It has so much color on the plate and gives you the required antioxidants, flavonoids, vitamins and minerals in a quick way
- Reducing the use of an extra bread makes it a light snack
- It tastes absolutely delicious!!
Try this recipe and let us know how you liked it! Stay tuned for more recipes or tell us which healthy recipe you’d like to see next in the comments below!
*Abbreviations: 1 cup = 200 ml, 1 tbsp = 15 ml