Testosterone is an androgen, a male sex hormone, though females need it too. After the age of 30, most men experience a gradual decline in testosterone. In an attempt to boost testosterone levels, some men switch to T-Booster Supplements. While 90% of the T-Booster supplements in the market claimed to boost testosterone, researchers found that less than 25% of the supplements had data to support their claims. Many of the T-Boosters also contained high doses of vitamins and minerals which is more than the tolerable limit and not good for health at all. As per the FDA, unlike drugs, supplements are not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure diseases. The safest and most effective way to boost testosterone levels naturally is through Nutrition. Good levels of magnesium, zinc, omega-3 and vitamin D in diet can all help to sustain your healthy testosterone levels.
10 Foods To Boost Testosterone Naturally
If you have low levels of testosterone, then start including the foods listed below to boost testosterone levels.
- Garlic: is called a cortisol reducer because it contains allicin which is very helpful in lowering cortisol levels. Cortisol is produced in the adrenal gland, where testosterone is produced as well. By reducing cortisol in your system adrenal gland, it helps to produce more testosterone effectively. Have 1-2 cloves of crushed garlic in the morning with water or honey and use garlic in cooking food regularly to improve your testosterone levels.
- Pomegranate: is an old aged symbol for fertility, supporting heart health and is used to boost testosterone levels as well. Studies have shown consumption of pure pomegranate juice, around 300ml, increased testosterone levels significantly while lowering blood pressure and reducing stress with improved mood.
- Almonds: A nutritional powerhouse for men’s health, almonds are loaded with healthy fats, vitamins and minerals that help support testosterone production. It contains high levels of minerals like Zinc, which is known to raise testosterone levels in people who are Zinc deficient. Have 5-6 soaked almonds daily to see changes.
- Bananas: are the food factory of important vitamins and minerals that aid in the production of testosterone. They are rich in an enzyme called bromelain which boost testosterone levels and are excellent for maintaining energy levels. You can add Bananas in your diet in the form of shakes, smoothies, mix with oat’s porridge or curd, etc.
- Spinach: is one of the most popular superfoods, which is rich in iron, magnesium and is an excellent testosterone booster. It has been known as one of the best testosterone boosting foods which is easily available during all the seasons. You can make spinach soup, smoothies or you can add spinach in your curries, sandwiches, etc.
- Honey: contains boron which is kind of a natural mineral associated with helping testosterone levels, building strong bones and muscles. You can replace white sugar in your tea/milk/smoothie with honey. You can also add it to your porridge but make sure it is raw, organic honey and not the processed one.
- Lemon: is a citrus fruit which is a great source for boosting testosterone levels. It also has vitamin A, which is required for the production of testosterone. You can have lemon water, add lemon in your salad, soups, etc. to improve testosterone more fruitfully.
- Eggs: are packed with testosterone boosting nutrients because they provide a generous amount of high quality protein which is essential for maintaining adequate levels of testosterone. Eggs are also rich in good cholesterol, Vitamin D and omega-3 which boost testosterone levels and help in building muscle. Have 1-2 eggs with yolk in your diet daily to improve your testosterone levels.
- Fish: Good quality of Salmon and Tuna work well to boost testosterone levels by 90%. They are super-rich in Vitamin D – which helps maintain sperm count and due to the good amount of omega-3, it boosts testosterone levels effectively. You can include these fatty fishes in your diet 2-3 times a week.
- Ashwagandha: is a popular Ayurvedic herb, also called Indian Ginseng or Winter Cherry, It is a natural T-Booster that also helps men who are struggling with infertility. Studies have shown significant improvement in semen quality and also a drop in stress levels in the men taking Ashwagandha. Daily doses of 125mg of ashwagandha all the way up to 5g have shown benefits in clinical trials. But it may interact with your thyroid, blood sugar and blood pressure medications. So you should always consult a medical professional before starting it.
Before beginning to consume any of the foods listed here, please consult a doctor to check for allergies or any other issues these foods may cause. Changing your diet is one of the most effective ways to maintain healthy testosterone levels but physical activity, sleep quality and weight management are equally important.
If you lack sleep, you find it harder to exercise and easier to gain fat and if you gain weight, your testosterone production drops. If your weight is healthy you find it easier to exercise and get good sleep and if you lose weight, your testosterone levels can jump right back up to normal!
We hope this article helps you! For more information or guidance, check out LIVE sessions by our experts on GOQii Play.