During summer, our bodies crave for some chilled drink or ice cream due to the immense heat. But the fact that anything available outside is loaded with refined sugar and unhealthy fats, it might not be the best option as you need to keep your immunity up and stay cautious about your health. But we understand your craving and hence, here’s a healthier alternative – your very own hydrating summer bowl which will help you beat the heat and you can enjoy it guilt-free!
What You Will Need
- Sabja Seeds – 1 tsp
- Fresh Hibiscus flower – 1
- Diced mango cubes – one small bowl
- Pomegranate – 1 small bowl
- Grapes (cut in half) – 1 small bowl
- Fresh Coconut water – half glass
How To Prepare
- Soak the sabja seeds in half a glass of coconut water for fifteen minutes.
- Boil a cup of plain water, soak the hibiscus flower petals in this hot water for a minute or two. Then put it into the refrigerator to chill.
- Next, in a big bowl, add the sabja seeds along with the coconut water. Then add all the diced fruits and the chilled hibiscus water.
- In the end, add some crushed ice for the crunch and enjoy this guilt free summer bowl.
Health Benefits Of the Hydrating Summer Bowl
- Sabja seeds are rich in fiber and help combat the heat inside the body
- Coconut water hydrates you and is full of electrolytes – a must have during summer
- Hibiscus makes it more antioxidant rich, helps lower blood pressure, improves immunity, releases constipation, reduces inflammation and also helps reduce hair fall.
We hope you try and enjoy this Hydrating Summer Bowl! If you do, share your pics with us on social media, tagging GOQii or let us know your experience in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, click here.
To get more such recipes, nutrition and diet tips from a GOQii Coach, subscribe for Personalised Health Coaching here.