Chaats refer to a lip smacking delicacy made by bringing together a range of rustic masalas and chutneys. Isn’t there something about Indian Chaats that makes our mouth water instantly, just by thinking about them? For the longest time we have associated a plate of chat dripping with curd and chutneys to an unhealthy indulgence. But what if I were to tell you that chaats can be really beneficial to your health? Let’s try this healthy Protein Papdi Chaat recipe.
What You Will Need
For the papdi
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Soya flour – 1 cup
- Rava (semolina) – 1 cup
- Besan (chana flour) – 1 cup
- Ajwain (carom seeds) – 1 tsp
- Regular spices according to taste preference such as haldi, lal mirch powder, dhaniya powder and salt
- Oil – 1 tbsp
For assembling the chaat
- Boiled chana – ½ cup
- Boiled corn – ½ cup
- Boiled potato (finely diced) – ½ cup
- Tomato (finely diced) – ½ cup
- Onion (finely diced) – ½ cup
- Cucumber (finely diced) – ½ cup
- Carrot (finely grated) – ½ cup
- Pomegranate seeds – ½ cup
- Dry roasted peanuts and chana – ½ cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Tamarind dates chutney – 1 tbsp
- Coriander mint chutney – 1 tbsp
- Chaat masala – 2 pinches
How To Prepare
- Knead a stiff dough of the papdi ingredients (all flours, all spices and a teaspoon of oil).
- Roll this dough into a big flat thin sheet and cut diamond shapes with a shankar para cutter or knife. You can also cut it into small discs with a cookie cutter.
- Brush these diamonds or discs of dough with the remaining oil and bake for 12 minutes at 1800c. Your protein rich papdi is ready. Store in an airtight jar.
- While making the chaat, break some of these papdi roughly with your hand into a bowl.
- Assemble all the other ingredients of the chaat into this bowl.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and chaat masala and serve immediately.
Benefits of the Protein Papdi Chaat
- This Protein Papdi Chaat is wholesome, delicious and can aid weight loss
- Can prove to be a very sumptuous meal addition to your healthy yet tasty diet
- The fresh ingredients and mix of spices make it super rich in vitamins, minerals and essential digestive properties.
- It is rich in fiber and protein, both of which induce a feeling of fullness and prevent overeating or resorting to fried and sugary preparations that are fattening.
We hope you enjoy this Protein Papdi Chaat recipe! Do try it out and share your experience in the comments below or share it on social media, tagging GOQii. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to LIVE cooking sessions on GOQii Play.