Eating a healthy breakfast ensures a healthy start to the day! But, there’s a good chance that you might not know what to eat or might want a change from the usual. So, we’re here with a tasty, super easy Vegetable Appam recipe! It uses traditional seasoning and can be made quickly!
What You Will Need
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Onion – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Capsicum – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Carrot – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Spinach – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Coriander – ¼ cup finely chopped
- Ginger Chili Paste – 1 tbsp
- Grated Coconut – ¼ cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 5-6
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 tsp
- Haldi – ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt as per taste
How To Prepare
- Heat some oil in a pan, add in the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle. Now, add the curry leaves and slide in the chopped onion, capsicum, carrot and spinach.
- Sauté this for 3-5 minutes and add the semolina. Roast this for 2 more minutes and remove it in a mixing bowl.
- Once the semolina and veggies mixture cool down, add in the ginger chilli paste, coconut, coriander, garam masala, haldi, red chili powder, curd and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Now add in ½ cup of water, mix it together and allow it to rest for 15 minutes.
- After the rest, check the batter and add another ½ cup of water to make it similar to an uttapam batter consistency.
- Grease the appam tray with some oil and put it on flame.
- Using a spoon, add a controlled portion of batter in the appam tray and cover it with a lid.
- After 5 minutes check if the sides of the appam look brown. If yes, flip it over and allow it to cook until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
- Our healthy, instant vegetable appam is ready! Serve it with coconut or green chutney.
Note: If you do not have an appam tray, you can make it as mini uttapams in any pan and enjoy.
Highlights of the Vegetable Appam Recipe
- It’s a quick, easy and healthy breakfast meal loved by everyone.
- Gives you the goodness of vegetables, rich in vitamins and satiating.
- Very good for your gut as it is partially fermented.
We hope you enjoy this Vegetable Appam recipe. Do try it out and share your experience in the comments below or share it on social media, tagging GOQii! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or speak to a GOQii Coach by subscribing for Personalised Health Coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce