Bael fruit also known as wood apple, elephant fruit, Monkey fruit, curd fruit or limonia acidissima is yet another miraculous produce by our mother earth.
This fruit is native to India, Bangladesh, Srilanka, Pakistan, Java and South East Asia. It is called as Elephant fruit because it is elephant’s favourite fruit. It tastes sour, sweet and bitter. The fruits grow between the months of October and March.
The reason I call it miraculous fruit is because it is the most sacred fruit. Ayurveda refers to the fruit of the bael as the fruit of nectar (amrutphal). It is believed that all the diseases can be cured using bael. It has its significance in spiritual (leaves offered to Lord Shiva) and Ritual purposes too.
Almost all the parts of the tree like roots, leaves, seeds, the branches are utilized for medicinal purposes. I have some memories of this fruits as a child,’ Every time I saw this fruit I would ask my mom to buy it for me, because it tastes very sbenefits our at times she would deny.’ Little did we both know about the benefits this fruit has in curing day to day ailments and it is the best home remedy for almost all ailments? It is meant for all can cure all age groups ranging from children to geriatrics.
What are the benefits of eating this fruit (Roots, leaves, stem)
- Juice from the leaves of this tree helps in managing the blood sugar level as well as urination among diabetic person.
- Bael leaf juice (boil dried bael leaves in water) helps in managing the hypertension.
- It enhances the appetite if bael leaves powder is taken continuous for some days.
Indigestion and Constipation
- Wood apple cures the problem of indigestion and constipation if it is consumed daily (not more than a cup) with jaggery for 2-3 months.
- Bael when consumed with black pepper and salt regularly will help in removing toxins from the body. This cleanses the colon.
Prevents breast cancer in women
- Bael is anti-proliferative and inhibits the growth of cancer cells.
Regularizes Progesterone hormone
- Eating Bael fruit helps the secretion of progesterone hormone.
Increases breast milk production
It is very beneficial for lactating mother as this helps increase the milk production when combined with dry Giner and Jaggery.
Apart from these many other benefits have been noted. It helps in keeping the skin and hair healthy. It is anti-inflammatory, cures acidity and respiratory disease. The benefits are endless.
What are you waiting for, just grab this green coloured magic and see it work on you.