Banana is one of my favourite fruits because it is delicious and rich with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals like magnesium, potassium, etc. We have all eaten bananas since childhood but have you ever realized that banana peels are also a healthy part of the fruit? Banana peels have enormous health benefits and we can use the peel in several ways to lower cholesterol, eliminate wrinkles and improve sleep. Banana Peels can even be eaten raw! That’s right! They are not only edible but good for your health and skin as well.
How To Use Banana Peels
- Boil them in water for 10 minutes to make a tea
- Put them in a juicer with water
- Use them as an ingredient in chutney
- Cook them with water and sugar to make candy
- Blend banana peels into a fruit smoothie
- Whitens Teeth: Ripe banana peels are very rich in potassium, which can remove yellow stains from your teeth. To whiten your teeth, rub the inner part of the peel for 2-3 minutes on a regular basis for at least 2-3 weeks after brushing and you will see positive results!
- Good for Skin: They work great for skin as they have antioxidants which remove wrinkles and nourish the skin. It also fades acne scars and hydrates the skin. Simply rub the banana peel gently on the desired areas of your face, and leave for a half-hour before washing off.
- Treats Warts: No need to use harsh chemicals for treating warts. Just tap a piece of ripe banana peel over it and leave it overnight for a few days. Isn’t it an amazing natural way to treat warts?
- Remove Splinters: Banana peels are rich in enzymes and these enzymes have a pulling action that draws foreign objects to the surface of the skin which makes it much easier to grab the splinter. Just apply the peel to the affected area of the skin and let it sit for 15 minutes. Then remove it gently, then remove the splinter.
- Good for Eyes: Banana peels are good for the eyes and lower the risk of cataract. Placing it close to your eyes helps reduce puffiness. The peel also helps to lighten up under-eye dark circles and reduces the appearance of fine lines.
- Lower Cholesterol: They have soluble and insoluble fiber which helps lower cholesterol, stroke and prevent cardiovascular disease and prevent cholesterol from sticking to the wall of arteries. A person who needs to lower cholesterol can include banana peel as a part of a healthy diet.
- Boost mood: They are packed with Serotonin that helps in making you feel good. Using banana peels continuously in the diet is a natural way to increase serotonin levels.
- Good Sleep: If you have sleep disorder, try banana peels as they are full of tryptophan that helps to induce more relaxed sleep.
- Relieves Constipation: They are loaded with high fiber which helps keep your bowel movements regular. It has 12 percent of your daily fiber requirement which helps in good digestion.
- First Aid: It has antimicrobial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties which gives relief from ivy rash, itching and bug bite. It is a natural way to treat migraine, helps to reduce headache by placing a frozen banana peel on the forehead and across the back of the neck.
Hopefully this article will make you think twice before throwing banana peels away! Do use this unusual knowledge and peel the benefits to good health! Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
For more useful information, check out Healthy Reads or speak to an expert by subscribing for GOQii’s Personalised Health Coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr