How are all of you doing during this lockdown? We hope you are all safe and healthy. Right about now, we know that your sweet tooth must be craving for something delicious but whatever you do, don’t give in to junk! To ensure that, and to make your quarantine time more productive, we’re sharing a sweet recipe for a delicious anjeer wrap that will warm your heart and keep you healthy!
What You Will Need
- Anjeer (Figs) – 10 pieces
- Almonds – 5-6 (roasted and crushed)
- Walnuts – 5-6 (roasted and crushed)
- Raisins – 10 pieces
- Jaggery Powder – ⅓ Cup
- Dried grated coconut – ¼ Cup
- Cardamom powder – for taste
How to Prepare
- In a pan, dry roast the almonds and walnuts. Once done, keep them aside by roughly crushing them.
- In the same pan, put jaggery powder and keep stirring by pouring ½ cup water into it.
- Now put cardamom powder along with dry fruits and let it caramelize.
- Turn the flame off and let it cool a bit.
- Take the Anjeer and fill each with half teaspoon of stuffing material prepared and wrap it like a taco.
- Sprinkle some grated coconut on the open front of wrap and enjoy.
Health Benefits of the Anjeer Wrap
- Figs are a good source of dietary fibre. They are ideal for weight watchers as a high fibre diet gets slowly digested, cutting off hunger pangs.
- Being rich in potassium, magnesium, calcium and other minerals, it can help manage and lower blood pressure.
- Fig fruit and even dried figs are used as natural laxatives to treat constipation.
- Dried Anjeer has a moderate glycemic index, which makes this a smart choice for people with diabetes as you will experience a rapid increase in your blood sugar.
- It is found to improve bone health because of its good source of calcium which is the main element required for healthy bones.
- It has been found that consuming them on a daily basis can lower triglycerides levels within the blood. High triglycerides may contribute to hardening of the arteries which increases the risk of heart attack, stroke and other related heart diseases.
- Anjeer has so many health benefits but its leaves have also been used as medicine for a long time to treat diabetes, cholesterol, and many skin conditions such as vitiligo/eczema/psoriasis.
We hope you enjoy this sweet Anjeer Wrap recipe. Do try it at home and leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out healthy reads within the app or tune in to GOQii Play.
Stay at home, stay safe and #BeTheForce