Have you been swearing off muffins? Want to reduce the amount of sweet in your snacks? Don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with this awesome Savory Muffins recipe which is made using traditional ingredients. It is quick and easy to prepare, very healthy to snack on and has all the goodness of vegetables. These Savory Muffins will fulfill all your micronutrient needs for the day.
What You Will Need
- Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
- Gram flour – ½ cup
- Curd – ½ cup
- Grated paneer – ¼ cup
- Grated cheese – ¼ cup
- Chilli flakes – 1 tsp
- Mixed herbs – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Chopped spinach – ½ cup
- Chopped coriander – ½ cup
- Grated carrot – ½ cup
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Vinegar – ¼ tsp
- Water – ½ cup
How To Prepare
- Take a mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients. Mix whole wheat flour, gram flour, chili flakes, dried herbs, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Then add spinach, coriander, carrot, paneer and cheese. Mix all the ingredients well.
- In another bowl, add oil, curd, vinegar and water. Mix the wet ingredients well.
- Time to mix the wet and dry ingredients together, the batter will be of medium thick consistency.
- Take silicon muffin moulds and fill each mould with 1-2 tbsp of batter.
- Bake them at 180°c for 20-25 minutes. Keep checking them after 15-20 minutes.
- Your nutritious, savory muffins are ready.
Note: You can also make these in an appam maker and cook both sides with a little oil.
Highlights of the Savory Muffins Recipe
- Just a perfect savory meal to start the day or eat once for mid meals.
- Balanced with fiber and protein, it keeps you full for longer.
- Has all the benefits of healthy greens.
We hope you enjoy this Savory Muffins recipe. Do share it with your friends and family and don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads, or tune in to LIVE sessions by experts on GOQii Play.