Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, there have been many suggestions on boosting immunity against the virus. These include lemon, ginger, citrus fruits, vegetables, turmeric, etc. all of which are high on antioxidants, have anti-inflammatory or anti-bacterial properties – aiding the fight against the virus and helping us maintain optimum health. Imagine getting all these properties under one umbrella. Sounds interesting? One superfood can provide you all of these and that superfood is Moringa – vouched for by our ancestors as well.
Why is the Ayurveda Prescribed Moringa Valued Globally?
- Almost all parts of this tree (roots, leaves, pods, flowers, seeds) are utilized in varied ways.
- It has Vitamins like A, B complex (folic acid, pyridoxine, choline), C, D, E & K (4 times Vitamin A of carrots), 7 times Vitamin C that of Oranges, 2 times the protein of Yoghurt, 25 times more iron than spinach.
- It is abundant in protein, calcium, potassium, iron, chromium, magnesium, selenium and zinc.
- Phytochemicals present in Moringa include tannins, phenolics, saponins, anthraquinones, etc. and flavonoids like Quercetin, Isoquercetin, kaemfericitin, isothiocyanates, all of which have shown to have antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- These nutrients are not destroyed after drying or boiling.
- It doesn’t leave behind hygiene as well. Moringa oleifera leaf powder was as effective as soap for washing hands when wetted in advance to enable antiseptic and detergent properties from phytochemicals in the leaves.
With all these benefits and properties, the magical Moringa can help you boost your immune system as well as ward off illnesses. Give it a try now but before you do, do consult your doctor or nutritionist.
We hope this article helps you. For more articles on moringa, nutrition et al, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to experts on GOQii Play.
Stay home, stay safe, eat healthy and #BeTheForce
Very well curated article. thanks for sharing
Rohan Mukherjee says
Research says that vitamin D3 also helps to fight covid.
But well researched article.
Thanks for the blogs about can moringa help you fight the coronavirus, for more details visit: https://www.terryexports.com/
I did not know much about this tree before and also did not know about its benefits, but after reading your article, I have learned about its many benefits.
Thanks for the blog about can moringa help you fight the coronavirus, for more details visit: https://www.terryexports.com/
Thanks for the informative blog about can moringa help you fight the coronavirus, for more details visit: https://www.terryexports.com/