If you are wondering, should you have eggs during summer, then the answer is YES! It is absolutely fine to have eggs during summer, but moderation is the key. There are a lot of misconceptions on this topic and you must have definitely heard that eating eggs during summer may increase the body heat.
When you eat a protein-rich diet, your body will produce more heat to digest food and thus, burn more calories. So, having too many eggs can affect the digestive system. Although there are many theories about egg consumption. Let us look at some facts that can explain all the questions about eggs.
Nutrients in Eggs and their Benefits
- Good source of complete protein which helps in strong muscles and also for weight management by keeping you full for longer.
- Rich in iron content which increases energy and boosts your immunity.
- Vitamin D which helps in strengthening bones, prevents the risk of osteoporosis and helps in regulating your insulin levels.
- It promotes healthy eyesight. Antioxidants in eggs, lutein and zeaxanthin, helps in preventing cataract and macular degeneration.
- Rich in Vitamin B12 for healthy nerves and blood cells and preventing anemia.
- Rich in Vitamin E which is good for skin and hair.
- Selenium helps prevent free radical damage, keeps your immune system healthy.
- Rich in Vitamin A, which you all know, is good for eye health.
- Rich in Choline, a nutrient for brain development and function.
So many nutrients in one food, no doubt why they are called ‘Superfood’.
How Many Eggs Can You Eat During Summer?
For a healthy person, having a maximum of 2 eggs a day is absolutely fine. If you are a person who eats non-veg daily, then keep the intake to one per day. As said above, eating more eggs during summer can lead to stomach discomfort. People who are sensitive, and have digestive issues have to be careful and reduce it further, maybe an egg twice a week, as per their body capacity. So, have it in moderation, and get the most benefits from eggs during summer!