It’s the last month of summer and it’s only getting hotter by the day. During summers, many do not feel like eating due to the heat. Most love to keep hydrating. But, it is important to have a good diet (nutrition) as well as hydrate yourself. Opting for either/or is a bad idea. Here are some simple tips for staying healthy during summer that everyone can follow.
How You Can Stay Healthy During Summer
- Add curd to your daily meal plan: For all those who suffer from constipation, gas and acidity during summer, this one is an absolute must-have on a daily basis.
- Sabja seeds: Not just a quick detox but an instant cooler and bloating reliever. Sabja seeds are different from chia seeds and can be consumed only after soaking. They can be consumed with curd, buttermilk, smoothies or in any liquid.
- Coconut water: Prevents dehydration, cramp & relieves migraine during PMS. It’s rich in electrolytes, can replenish your electrolyte stores in no time when you have to work too much under the scorching sun.
- Jeera (cumin seeds): Calm your nerves and aid your fat burning efforts in Summer. Boil 1 tsp Jeera in a glass of water. Sieve and drink it warm after 30mins of eating a meal.
- Jowar and Jaun (Barley) Sattu water: Brain food, cooling in nature, best for weight loss. Add Jowar and Jaun in normal wheat flour in equal proportion to aid weight loss and also to have a cooling effect on the body.
- Include Juices and Smoothies: Consume Lemon, Aloe Vera, Wheatgrass, Bottle Gourd, Mint and Amla juices for glowing skin during summer. Avoid packaged fruit juices, cold drinks and opt for fresh fruit juices instead. In fact, you can try fruit smoothies and Lassi (butter Milk) with Hing (asafoetida), Pudina (mint) and roasted Jeera (cumin seeds) as mid snacks rather than colas and tinned fruit juices. Avoid having fruit shakes (mixing fruits with milk) to prevent antioxidants loss.
- Start your day with seasonal fruits in summers like Litchi, Grapes, Jamun, Melons and Mangoes (acts as a cleanser, soak mangoes in water 20 mins before consumption for cooling effect). Having fruits first thing in the morning also gives instant energy and makes you feel fresh, rather than a cup of tea.
- Hydrate with normal water or infused drinks: Lemon water with rock salt is the best detox drink which alkalizes your body and can help combat acidity.
- Exercise for 30 mins 5 times in a week for good blood circulation and to avoid a migraine and headache during summer.
If this article helped you, let us know your thoughts in the comments below. You can find more tips to stay healthy during summer here. You can also get these tips directly from a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalised health coaching here.