We always think salads to be dry and boring. How would you like it, if you get some super tasty salads combined with goodness of health?
Do go through these recipes and trust me post this, you will not like to miss salads in your meals
- TOFU/ PANEER STIR FRY SALAD
|Tofu/ Paneer||½ cup|
|Bell pepper(any or all color)||1 no|
|Baby corn||5-6 no|
|Pepper powder||To taste|
|Oregano (optional)||To taste|
|Chilli flakes (optional)||To taste|
- Dice the onion, tomatoes, bell peppers and tofu/ Paneer in same size.
- Heat 1 TBSP of oil in a pan. Once the oil heats up, saute the veggies and Paneer/Tofu on a high flame for a couple of minutes and add salt and pepper powder as per taste.
- Serve hot.
- SWEET POTATO SALAD
|Sweet potato||500 gms|
|Bell pepper||1-2 no|
|Crushed garlic||2-3 cloves|
|Baby corn||7-8 no.|
|Coriander leaves||Few sprigs|
|Pepper Powder||1 tsp|
|Ricebran Oil||1 TBSP|
|Lime juice||½-1 no|
- Steam and Peel sweet potatoes, and cut into 1-inch cubes. Cut onions and bell peppers into quarters, and cut each quarter into half.
- In a pan, add 1-2 TBSPricebran oil. Add crushed garlic, onions, broccoli and baby corn. Cook for a minute. Toss together sweet potatoes. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Sauté until golden brown. Sprinkle lime juice over it.
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- MOONG CHAT
|Whole moong||2 TBSP|
|Curds made of skim milk||100 gms|
|Red chilly powder||¼ tsp|
|Green coriander chutney||1 tbsp|
|Date chutney||1 tbsp|
|Roasted jeera powder||¼ tsp|
1.Sprout the Moong.
2.To the sprouted Moong add curds(beaten), chopped tomatoes, onion, red chili powder, green coriander chutney, date chutney and roasted jeera powder. Mix well
3.Garnish with coriander leaves and date chutney. Serve chilled.
- BOILED CHANA SALAD
|Kabuli chana||2 TBSP(unsoaked)|
|Red chilly powder||¼ tsp|
1. Soak 2 TBSP of Kabuli chana for more than 8 hours. Boil them
2. Add the chopped onions and tomatoes.
3. Add red chilli powder, salt and lime.
4. Mix well. Garnish with coriander and serve.
- CUCUMBER RAITA
|Curd (made of low fat milk)||½ cup|
|Jeera powder||½ tsp|
|Pepper powder||¼ tsp|
1. Grate the cucumber into curd.
2. Add the chopped coriander leaves to the mixture and mix well
3. Add pepper powder, salt and jeera powder.
4. Serve chilled with any of the main dishes/ flat breads
P.S- You can also use mix veggies, bottle gourd, and pumpkin instead of cucumber
BENEFITS OF THESE SALADS:
- Nutrient dense- Rich in vitamins, minerals and flavonoids
- Has good protein content
- Fiber rich- Good for your digestive system
- Immune booster- Rich in various vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber and water content, helps cleanse your system
These are some of the basic salads which everyone can make at ease to give a break to their boring salad plate. So which salad are you trying today?
If you have some interesting salad recipes, do share it with me. Will love to hear it from you