Being healthy is not a race, it’s a marathon. It requires constant effort, patience, dedication and determination. Paired with the right guidance, you can become an unstoppable force of good health. Now, if you’re thinking you’re too busy, too old or if “this isn’t for you” then you need to read about our Elite GOQii Players who have turned their life around with simple lifestyle changes.
Col. Ravi Minocha
For instance, if you’re worried about being too old to begin your health story, our GOQii Player Col. Ravi Minocha will tell you otherwise. His Health Story began at the age of 80. He made everyone believe in the power of discipline, dedication and consistency. Due to the Osteoarthritis which had affected his knees, his mobility was restricted and this led to weight gain.
But with support from his family and his GOQii Coach, he started working on his lifestyle, making small changes at a time. He was regular in updating his logs, which only helped his GOQii Coach improve his food and water consumption in a detailed manner. From taking small frequent walks , having anti-inflammatory food to having only millet based meals and detox water, he had made multiple changes in his lifestyle. Who could believe that a man who could hardly walk for 10 minutes at a time is now clocking more than 10,000 steps every day? With his efforts he was bound to get results as he lost 22kg in the span of 3 years. Isn’t it amazing?
Kamal Nath Thakur
Many times, we come across people who feel that the routine which they are following is a perfect one until they speak to one of our coaches. Kamal Nath Thakur who is a badminton player, did not take much interest in personalized health coaching initially, till he was infected with COVID.
He thought of discussing his lifestyle with his GOQii Coach to see if there are any loopholes in his lifestyle. He was astonished by the detailed food log analysis and guidelines given by his coach. She helped him with respect to portion size, food timing, combination of meals and inclusion of different food groups. Not only this, but the strengthening and stretching exercises suggested by the coach helped him find relief from an untreated leg pain. From clocking only 3-4k steps to crossing over 15k steps every day, including strengthening exercises in addition to cardio practices, and being mindful of food consumption, he has come a long way!
Our physical, mental and emotional health are closely connected to one another. If any one component gets affected, it causes disharmony. Player Ashima Dalela, who was suffering from gastric issues, visited more than 15 doctors but it did not help her. It affected her emotional health as well in the form of Anxiety attacks.
After a doctor’s suggestion, she started using a GOQii tracker and personalized health coaching services. After listening to her ailments and lifestyle carefully, her coach suggested food like lemon water, detox water, curd, rice, kanji, etc. which improved her gut health. Her coach complemented it with a workout regimen .It was not easy for her to adopt so many changes but she could crack all the habits set with the help of her GOQii Coach .
Her consistent efforts paid off! She not only found relief from the gastric ailments, but also her anxiety attacks. With incorporating habits like having fiber, a designed workout schedule she could also tackle health issues like hemorrhoids, irregular cycle and gain healthy weight to achieve her ideal body weight. Now she is focusing on improving her skin tone and texture. It’s so motivating to see how she is ticking off various medical ailments and setting new health goals one after the other. We can learn from her that lifestyle improvement is a continuous journey, there cannot be a full stop to it.
These Players Made Significant Changes But What About You?
These players made remarkable changes in their health with minor lifestyle tweaks. You can do the same by following some of these basic habits:
- Nutrition: Be mindful about what you eat. Replace refined, sugary, processed and packed food with natural, wholesome food. Include whole grains, proteins, fibers and healthy fats in the right proportion to your meals. This will nourish your body with the right nutrients and protect it from the effect of empty calories.
- Hydration: Keeping yourself well hydrated helps circulate nutrients to each and every cell of your body. It’s advisable to consume moderate amounts of water at regular intervals rather than consuming large quantities at big intervals. We should avoid replacing water with fruit juices and aerated drinks to avoid unhealthy calories.
- Exercise: Our body is like a machine. If you won’t move, it will catch rust. We should aim for at least 30-40 minutes of workout 5-6 days a week. It can be cardio activities like walking, jogging, swimming and dancing or strengthening exercises. It’s equally important to keep yourself active throughout the day. Reduce bouts of sedentary periods, take small walks, stretch your arms & legs frequently to keep a check on proper circulation and fat burn.
- Stress: In today’s world, stress is a constant trigger. You need to remember that you cannot change your circumstances, but you can change yourself! You can make yourself capable of handling stress in a better way so that it doesn’t bother you. To manage stress effectively, you can practice deep breathing exercises and mediation. Not only this, but positive affirmations and positive visualizations help a lot in reducing the cortisol surge which you get with high stress. It also helps you feel relaxed and at peace.
- Sleep: Light emitting from devices acts as the biggest enemy to the quality and quantity of sleep we get. It directly affects the melatonin hormone. Keeping gadgets away for 30 minutes before bedtime, indulging in relaxing techniques like listening to soothing music, reading book or spending time with family, helps in getting a good night’s sleep
As a GOQii Expert, I request you to emphasize on healthy living by paying gratitude to your body. Yes, work and responsibilities are an important part of our life, but you can do justice to them only when you are Physically, Mentally and Emotionally fit! So if you want to begin your Health Story, sign up for personalized health coaching with GOQii and take the first step: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
If you’ve been living a healthy life, taking charge of your health goals, trying to make changes to your lifestyle or are just taking the first step in your Health Story, we want to say, Thank You For Being Healthy!
Keep Going and #BeTheForce