If you’re craving some cutlets but don’t want to run the risk of it being unhealthy, don’t worry! We’ve got you covered with these healthy Chickpea Soya Cutlets! It’s a simple recipe with minimum ingredients which are available in our kitchen. This protein-rich Chickpea Soya Cutlets are easy to prepare and are apt as a snack or a main meal as well.
What You Will Need
- Chickpeas (kabuli chana), boiled and drained- ½ cup
- Soya granules – ½ cup
- Finely chopped mint leaves – 1 tbsp (approx)
- Green chilli – 2
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Red chilli powder -¾ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¾ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for cooking – 2-3 tsp
How To Prepare
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for 10-15 minutes. Drain and squeeze out all water and keep aside.
- Blend the chickpeas, soya granules, mint, ginger and green chilli together to make a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice, salt to the paste and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and shape it into round, flat cutlets.
- Cook them on a non-stick pan using a little oil till both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
Highlights of the Chickpea Soya Cutlets
- Provides great satiety as it is high in protein and fiber.
- It is gluten-free and a great option for vegans
- Recipe is high in Iron and folic acid as well which is required for formation of red blood cells and hemoglobin.
- Other finely cut veggies of your choice can be added as per availability.
Do try this delicious, lip-smacking Chickpea Soya Cutlet recipe and leave your thoughts in the comments below. Find more healthy recipes here or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for Personalised Health Coaching here.
Eat Healthy and #BeTheForce