Wrinkles! Those fine lines which tell you, “You’re getting old!” If you’re worried about them, you’re in the right place. Here, we’ll guide you on how you can prevent wrinkles naturally with food!
Aging gracefully is a sign of maturity but wrinkles can mess with our confidence. When the skin begins losing its elasticity, wrinkles appear. Weak collagen (protein) can cause wrinkles and loss of elasticity in the skin. Collagen can lead to skin dryness which leads to wrinkles. This is a very natural process but with the help of healthy foods, we can postpone it naturally.
5 Foods To Help Prevent Wrinkles
- Aloe Vera: is rich in Malic acid which helps in improving skin elasticity. Just apply Aloe Vera gel on the face, leave it for 15-20 mins, let it dry and wash it off. Aloe Vera is also a natural sunscreen. One can consume Aloe Vera juice too.
- Green Leafy Vegetables (GLV): help the skin stay hydrated and healthy. Consuming GLV smoothies are a quick and easy way to absorb nutrients. Smoothies are another great way to incorporate GLVs in good quantities in our diet. Include spinach, kale, fenugreek leaves, coriander leaves, etc. daily
- Berries: Dark and bright, they give you loads of antioxidants which help in reducing free radicals formed by exposure to the sun, pollution and consumption of junk food. It’s always advisable to mix your berries and then eat them. Mixing berries will give you different kinds of antioxidants like anthocyanins, ellagic acids, resveratrol, etc. Example- Blueberry, Strawberry, and Blackberry mixed together.
- Fish: is rich in protein, omega 3 and potassium. Potassium prevents sodium retention. Sodium retention means the body just can’t let go of sodium, which holds on water. So we carry more water weight and many times get swelling. The dark circle under your eyes can be genetic or due to excess of sodium in the diet. Fish will help repair the damages which happen in the body and skin. Include fishes like Tuna, Rockfish, Cod, Halibut etc. in your diet. For vegetarians, you can have 1 mini banana instead of a fish.
- Rooibos Tea: or red bush tea is a native of Africa. It is a kind of herbal tea and a very good caffeine-free alternative for green tea or coffee. Polyphenols (antioxidants) are present in Rooibos tea which help protect premature aging of the skin and hydrate it as well!
Apart from all of this, Water plays a very important role in hydrating the body. Water helps in maintaining ph. balance in our body, which is very important for your skin. Try to form a habit of sipping on water throughout the day. Even restricting alcohol (30ml to 90 ml/week), Caffeine (not more than 3cups/day), acidic foods, avoiding processed foods and stress will definitely help you increase collagen for that lovely, hydrated glowing skin.
We hope this article helps you. For more healthy tips, check out Healthy Reads or speak to your GOQii Coach directly by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr