With the monsoons here in full swing, most of us worry about getting sick with an infection. With the weather change, the virals in the air also start reacting. The side effects of cold, fever, viral and sore throat get rampant with drastic changes in weather. A strong immune system will help you recover quickly and mostly without the need for medication. The lower your immunity, the longer the healing process and you may have to resort to antibiotics.
Natural Remedies That Work
- Take a 1-inch piece ginger mashed, 1 clove garlic, 3 peppercorns, 2 cloves, 2 cardamoms and a cinnamon stick. Boil in water and reduce to half, strain and add organic honey. Drink this concoction twice or thrice a day, or actually, as much as you need to.
- Be aware of your body and feelings. Usually, when sick, your appetite may reduce, and that’s a good sign. It means your body is using energy to repair and heal. So if you can, don’t eat until you feel your appetite slowly increasing. This is one of the best ways to heal rapidly and completely.
- Stay warm, wear socks even while in bed. Cover your head to prevent contact with dew when out at night.
- Sip on hot liquids through the day.
- Breathe a lot! Almost all viruses and germs cannot survive in highly oxygenated cells so help your body create an environment that’s unfavorable for these germs.
- Rest, rest, rest – This is the most natural and effective way to heal. It’s natures cure.
It’s good to fall sick once in a way, your body replenishes the white and red blood cells and it also strengthens immunity. So stay positive, don’t feel low and know you are doing the right things to get better.
We hope this article helps you. If you find these tips useful, let us know in the comments below! For more on managing illnesses during monsoon, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr