The cool, rainy weather outside calls for a bowl of piping hot soup! While picking up your phone and ordering your favorite soup from your favorite restaurant seems like a great idea, why not prepare a delicious bowl of Chilli Bean Soup, using this easy-to-make recipe?
What You Will Need
- Boiled Kidney Beans – 1 Cup
- Finely Chopped Onion and Tomato – 1 Medium Sized
- Chopped Carrot – ½ cup
- Finely Chopped Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers – ½ cup
- Chopped French Beans – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup or puree – 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock or water – 2 cups
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare the Chilli Bean Soup
- Take a pan and heat a tsp of oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till slightly brown.
- Also add onion and chopped green chilly. Saute onion till translucent.
- Add tomato, bell peppers, carrot and french beans to the pan.
- Saute the vegetables for 5-7 min with closed lid.
- Now add kidney beans and stir along with vegetables.
- Add the pepper powder, salt, chilly sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Stir well and add 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Close the pan with a lid and allow the soup to simmer for another 5-7 min.
- Serve the Chilly Bean Soup hot.
- It is a great mid meal snack or even a meal option when you wish to end your day light.
- The soup will help you clear your throat and work as an anti-inflammatory agent because of vegetables and pepper.
- Choose your vegetables very wisely this monsoon and use them only after washing nicely.