Green veggies are available throughout the year and these veggies can really help you boost your mood. But, apart from boosting your mood, what if these greens gave you a high protein boost? Let’s try making these delicious, crispy on the outside yet warm and tender on the inside, high protein Hariyali Appe that will help kickstart your mornings!
What You Will Need
- Semolina (Suji) – 1½ cup
- Green peas – 1 cup
- Curd – ¾ cup
- Cashews – 8-10
- Oil for tempering – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Chopped green chilly – 1 tsp
- Grated ginger – 2 tsp
- Baking soda (optional) – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
How To Prepare
- Soak green peas and cashews for 10 minutes, then grind these using ¼ cup water.
- In a bowl, take semolina, add curd, green peas paste, green chilly, ginger and salt. Mix everything together to make a smooth batter using water as required.
- Heat the oil in a tadka pan and add the cumin seeds. When it starts crackling, switch the flame off and add asafoetida.
- Add this tempering in the batter and mix everything together. Keep this batter aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Check the consistency of the batter once again and add more water if required.
- Heat the appe mould on medium flame. Pour a spoonful of batter in each cavity and cover the pan to let the Appe steam nicely while getting crisp from the bottom.
- Flip & cook the other side as well but don’t cover it this time.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot with green or coconut chutney.
Highlights and Tips For The Hariyali Appe Recipe
- This recipe is high in protein and fiber – it makes a perfect choice for those who are looking for vegetarian recipes providing enough protein.
- Just like regular Appe, you can add more chopped veggies of your choice to make it more fiber rich.
- You can also use ⅓ Dalia powder or multigrain atta to replace semolina in this recipe.
We hope you enjoy this high protein Hariyali Appe recipe! Do try it out and share your experience in the comments below or share it on social media, tagging GOQii. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to LIVE cooking sessions on GOQii Play.
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce