Slowly and gradually, the lockdown will be lifted in phases in the green zones, but this surely doesn’t mean that the pandemic is over. By now, most of us might be ready with a list of things to do the day this lockdown ceases. Before you jump into action again take a look at the things to keep in mind.
Thing To Keep In Mind Once Lockdown Ends
- Sanitization: A simple and effective way to stay away from this life threatening virus is to wash hands thoroughly. Carry a bottle of sanitizer with you while stepping out of the house in case you have touched anything suspicious you can immediately sanitize. So let’s continue with this habit which we have cultivated during this lockdown.
- Mask is here to stay: Wearing a mask while going out has to be followed as this can prevent us from coming in contact with respiratory droplets of an asymptomatic COVID positive person. Use of gloves is also recommended in cases of coming in contact with people like going to market places or using the local transport.
- Socializing: After almost three months of staying indoors, there will be an immense urge to meet family and friends specially those who were tested positive, but hold on for a few more days as lockdown relaxation doesn’t mean the virus has extinguished. Venture out only for important work. Choose to work from home if possible.
- Overindulgence: Restaurants and food joints will gradually be back in business. Online food apps will be functional soon but do not pounce on all that fancy food for obvious reasons. This lockdown has taught us that simple home cooked food can be nutritious as well as delicious!
- Don’t Ditch Exercise: Necessity is the mother of all invention! This lockdown taught us some great ways to stay healthy, happy and be occupied. Be it yoga, strength training, walking exercises, fun exercise with kids or even 5k and 10k runs at home have contributed immensely in building up our immunity..
- Don’t Overwork: Major section of people have been jobless during this period. Fear of uncertainty and decline in vitamin M [money] encourages people to jump back to work. But draw a clear line between work and overwork. Remember overload can make you more susceptible to this virus and hospitalization can drain all your savings.
- Do not Compromise Sleep: Time and again, this vital component of health has been ignored. Good sleep cycle during these two months does make up for all those sleep deprived nights! Sound and deep sleep is a ritual which needs to follow every day.
- Don’t Stop Immunity Boosting Food: While we take pride in the fact of strong immunity, let’s not ditch it once the lockdown ceases. Vitamin C rich foods, herbal kada, zinc rich food are the secret of strong immunity. They have to be a part of our daily intake. Once the lockdown has been lifted, it is all the more important to have a stronger immune system
- Maintain Bonds: This pandemic has forced us with quantitative family time. Bonding with family members has helped us sail through this rough weather and will continue in the future too. Healthy bonding at home is like a strong backbone which keeps us in the pink of health because being healthy outside begins by being healthy inside.
Most importantly, don’t forget to support local businesses. You can also check out the GOQii Health Store within the app. We hope you will consider these suggestions once lockdown ends and life goes back to the way it was. Do leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more tips on immunity, health, fitness and wellness, check out Healthy Reads within the app or tune in to GOQii Play.