While the major part of the world is in lockdown due to the coronavirus pandemic, what most of us are overlooking is the impact of this period on our health. “Sitting is the new smoking” and quite rightly so! Watch your favorite shows, movie marathons, staying glued to the cellphone can all keep you occupied but can also make you mentally and physically unfit! So here are some simple and fun ways to stay fit at home!
6 Fun Ways to Stay Fit at Home
1. Plyometrics at Home
Yes! You read it right; Plyometric Exercise can be fun with all the family members. You can place 6 water bottles in a straight line with a gap of 2 feet between them. Ask all the members to form a line begin the workouts:
- Do the snake walk without touching the bottles
- Jump over the bottles
- Jumping over the bottles again but this time turn to your right and jump and then turn to your left and jump.
- Jump over the bottles and clap your hands in the air above your shoulders.
- Come in the plank position such that you are in between two bottles and your body is completely on your toes and palms. Reach till the last bottle.
2. Partner Workouts
- Both the partners are facing back (touching each other’s back); one partner has a bottle of water and will pass it to the other partner by just turning his waist. At the end of 60 seconds the one who has a bottle of water in their hands is the winner.
- Both the partners are facing back but this time feet are shoulder distance apart and the box of popcorns will pass by bending the back and the receiving partner too has to bend down to take it.
- Lie down on the floor such that both the partners are touching each other’s feet sole. Now do cycling 20 times clockwise and anti-clockwise.
3. Hula Hoop
This is favourite among children. Besides just twisting and rotating your waist, you can also do variations like a cross over the loops without touching any body part.
Skipping is a great way to keep kids and grown-ups happy and engaged. You can do partner skipping, cross skipping and reverse skipping.
Dancing is also a great form of workout. We live in a land of vast dance forms, so choose your pick from Bangra to Garba to Bollywood! You can have a small dance competition amongst the family members. Encourage the use of props like sticks or chairs which will need more effort.
6. Spell your name
Just spell your name and do these workouts. You can also spell days of the week.
Hope you enjoy these fun ways to stay fit at home with your family during quarantine. Let us know your experience or your mantra to staying fit indoors, in the comments below.
For more exciting and fun home workouts, tune in to GOQii Play. Get the app here: www.goqii.com/app
Stay indoors, stay safe and #BeTheForce