Embracing the rainy season while staying healthy can be a challenge, but fear not! We’ve got you covered with these five essential hacks to help you sail through the monsoon without falling prey to illness. From avoiding street food to taking warm showers, these tips will keep you at your best during the downpour. So, grab a cup of tea, sit back, and discover how you can conquer the monsoon like a pro!
5 Hacks To Avoid Falling Sick This Monsoon
- Give Street Food a Rain Check: Ah, street food—the epitome of culinary temptation. But wait! The dampness in the air creates an ideal breeding ground for germs that can disrupt your digestive system. Street food, often partially cooked and exposed to unhygienic conditions, can be a potential health hazard. Instead, opt for healthy, home-cooked alternatives that ensure cleanliness and nourishment.
- Wash Your Fruits & Veggies Thoroughly: During the monsoon, fruits and vegetables may harbor more dirt and germs than usual. Ensure your well-being by diligently washing them. This simple step helps eliminate the majority of infection-causing microbes. Avoid leafy vegetables as they are more susceptible to contamination due to the soil they are grown in. By thoroughly washing your produce, you bid farewell to those unwanted worms too!
- Boil Your Water, Sip Away the Woes: Water-borne diseases are very common during monsoons. The best way to avoid germs and harmful bacteria is to boil the water you use. Apart from killing bacteria and germs, drinking boiled water has several benefits such as improved digestion and getting rid of toxins from your body. Boiled water can also prevent the common cold and viral infections.
- Embrace Warm Showers, Bid Cold a Goodbye: The allure of dancing in the cold rain may seem enchanting, but let’s face it—your body doesn’t share the sentiment. Cold temperatures can weaken your immune system, making you susceptible to illness. After being caught in the rain, rush into a warm shower to restore your body temperature and enhance blood circulation. Thoroughly dry yourself and cozy up in warm clothes. This will not only protect you from the chill but also help wash away any dirt or bacteria you may have encountered.
- Snooze Like a Pro: Sleep is a fundamental pillar of good health, not just during monsoons but year-round. Your body requires proper rest to function optimally. Sleeping for less than 8 hours compromises your immune system, leaving you vulnerable to bacteria and viruses. By ensuring you get enough sleep, you prepare your body for the challenges of the next day and fortify your immune system, significantly reducing your chances of falling sick.
Now armed with these five essential hacks, you can confidently navigate the monsoon season while staying in the pink of health. Embrace the rain, savor the beauty of nature, and let the monsoon be a source of joy rather than illness.
If this article helped you, let us know in the comments below! Find more healthy monsoon hacks here or get expert advice directly from a GOQii Coach by subscribing to Personalised Health Coaching here.