No Diwali celebration is complete without a spoonful of that tasty, delicious kheer! It is the most versatile sweet and is extremely simple to make. In this recipe, we’re going to add a healthy twist to light up your Diwali with good health! Let’s try the exciting, healthy Quinoa Kheer recipe!
What You Will Need
- Quinoa – ½ cup
- Milk – 1½ cup
- Ghee – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 4 chopped
- Almonds – 4 chopped
- Walnuts – 4 chopped
- Pistachios – 4 chopped
- Jaggery – ½ cup
- Saffron strands – 5-6
How To Prepare
- Rinse and wash the Quinoa thoroughly and cook it in a pan at low to medium heat for 15-18 minutes. Once done, use a fork to mix it up and transfer it to a plate to avoid over cooking.
- Heat a pan, add ghee and roast all the chopped nuts for 3-5 minutes until they slightly change the color.
- Time to pour the milk. Keep the flame on medium and add the jaggery. Give it a nice mix and wait till the jaggery melts. It will take around 10 minutes.
- Now, add the cooked Quinoa and mix it well and allow the kheer to simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Soak the strands of saffron in some milk and then add it to the kheer. Give it a gentle mix and you will have the desired color of the kheer.
- Your delicious Quinoa Kheer is ready! Serve hot.
Note: You can use oats instead of quinoa. Just replace the quinoa with oats and follow the same method.
Highlights of the Quinoa Kheer Recipe
- With the goodness of healthy fats and protein, this sweet will be most loved by all!
- It will provide more satiety in less quantity
- Ideal for celebrating a healthy Diwali, guilt-free!
We hope you enjoy this Quinoa Kheer recipe and share the joy of guilt-free sweetness with your friends and family. Do let us know your thoughts in the comments below. For more Healthy Recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to LIVE cooking sessions on GOQii Play.
Wish you all a happy and healthy Diwali!