Winter is the favorite season for many of us but it brings the challenge of keeping our bodies warm and staying healthy enough to fight off infections. On the other hand, it also leaves the body craving for food. You’ve noticed being hungrier during winter, especially for something sweet. Keeping this in mind, let’s look at a recipe that can help us satisfy that sweet craving, keep warm and boost immunity. Let’s learn how to prepare Masala Gur (Jaggery)!
What You Will Need
- Jaggery – 100 gms
- Makhana (fox nuts) – 10 to 12
- Ghee – ½ tsp
- Sonth (dry ginger powder) – 1 tsp
- Ajwain (carom seeds) – ½ tsp
- Pinch of Black Salt
- Raw Peanuts – 2 tbsp
- Almonds – 10 to 12 (roughly chopped)
- Jeera – ½ tsp
How To Prepare
- Grate the Jaggery into a bowl and keep it aside
- Take a pan, add half a tsp ghee and roast the makhana in it till crisp. Move them to a bowl.
- Next, dry roast peanuts and rub their skin off.
- Now, add the grated gur into a non stick heavy bottom kadai and let it melt on medium flame.
- When you feel the gur is melted and is in a semi-liquid state, add the ajwain, sonth, jeera and black salt one by one into this melted gur. Stir well so that the spices blend well with the melted gur.
- Next, add the makhana, peanuts and roughly chopped almonds to it. Switch the gas off and mix well.
- Grease a thali or a plate and pour this hot gur mix in it and let it cool. Once it cools down and gets hard again, break it into small pieces. Your Masala Gur is ready!
Benefits of the Masala Gur Recipe
- This masala gur can be a healthy substitute to high fat and refined sugar desserts
- The saunth, jeera, ajwain and black salt aids good digestion, improves metabolism and provides heat to the body
- This treat should be enjoyed in small candy size pieces
We hope you enjoy making and eating this tasty Masala Gur winter dessert. Do try it and let us know your thoughts in the comments below! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce
Awesome dish to fight off sweet cravings with something healthy
Sharanpreet Kaur says
Recipe of masala gur is very easy to make. Masala gur is healthy and can east regularly.