Ideally, tikkas are made with paneer or potatoes but in this alternate recipe, we’ll be using soya chunks. This Hariyali Soya Tikka recipe is low-fat and packs quite the protein punch! You can enjoy it as an evening snack or a main meal!
What You Will Need
- Soya chunks- 1 cup
- Hung curd – 1 cup
- Onion (diced into cubes) – 1 cup
- Tomato (diced into cubes) – 1 cup
- Capsicum (diced into cubes) – 1 cup
- Besan (gram flour) – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tbsp
- Oil- 1 tsp
- Coriander – ½ cup
- Mint – ½ cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 2
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbsp
- Chat masala – ½ tsp
- Jeera powder – 1tsp
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Kasuri methi – ½ tsp
How To Prepare:
- Heat a pan and dry roast 2 tsp of gram flour for 1-2 min. Once the color changes a bit, slide the flour into a small bowl and allow it to cool.
- In a pan add oil and salt, once the water starts boiling add the soya chunks and cook for 10 min. Once done strain the chunks. After it cools press them between 2 palms and remove all the excess water. Keep the pressed chunks aside.
- Now for the green paste, take a mixer jar, add in coriander, mint and green chillies. Make a fine paste of it.
- Take a mixing bowl, and let us prepare the marinade. Add hung curd, gram flour, salt, green paste and all other spices. Give it a nice stir and enjoy the lovely green color.
- Time to add in our soya chunks, capsicum, tomato and onions. Give this a gentle mix.
- Once done, keep the bowl in the fridge to rest for 30-40 min, so the masalas can stick well to soya chunks and veggies.
- Keep a tawa on medium flame. Take a skewer and add soya chunks, capsicum, onion and tomatoes one by one, and repeat the process for all skewers.
- Grease the tawa with some oil, and put the skewers on tawa. After it is golden brown on one side, flip it over to cook on all sides.
- Our delicious hariyali soya tikkas are ready on a tawa without the grill or BBQ. Serve it hot with salad and green chutney.
Note: If you do not have skewers you can use toothpicks or just roast this on tawa directly. You can also use paneer or tofu instead of soya.
Highlights of the Hariyali Soya Tikka:
- Extremely rich in protein and fiber. Has curd and all the magical spices which are great for the body
- Gives you a very refreshing taste for your main meals.
- Provides satiety in less quantity which stays with you for long.
Do try this delicious, lip-smacking Hariyali Soya Recipe recipe and leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more healthy recipes check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Leave a Reply