Wheat grass is nothing but young wheat plants, harvested in their early, grassy stage – at the very height of the plant’s nutritive value – the leaves are then dehydrated and packaged.
One can consume wheatgrass powder, wheatgrass tablets or wheatgrass juice. Nowadays it is easily available at local fresh foods market and in supermarkets.
What are the Benefits of Wheatgrass?
Chlorophyll, that is present in large quantities in wheatgrass contributes to healthy blood and blood flow, especially by building healthy red cells. It also functions similarly by releasing oxygen into the air just as haemoglobin releases oxygen into human tissue.
Wheatgrass is a complete food in itself. It helps to build healthy blood, cleanse the whole system, aids digestion, regularises bowel movement, increases immunity, inhibits the growth of cancer cells and eases every physical and mental ailment. Wheatgrass comes with one more surprising benefit – It is very high in protein, provides an incredible boost in your energy level and has been known to cure many types of blood disorders.
- Fulfills nutritional deficiencies
- Removes waste that clogs your cells, blood tissues and organs
- Cleanses and detoxifies, especially liver and blood
- One of the best dietary sources of minerals
- Protects body from carcinoges. Carcinogen – any substance or radiation that is an agent directly involved in causing cancer.
- Reduces craving for addictive substance
- Has an anti-aging effect; slows down the process
- Heals wounds, sores and infections
- Improves resistance to outside pollutants
How can it be consumed?
Tablets are easy way to consume, but again it will be a processed food. The best way to consume is, it can be purchased in a grass form or made into the juice in a domestic juicer or wheatgrass powder can be mixed with water for consumption. The best way to take wheatgrass on an empty stomach about 20 minutes prior to eating.
Time for you to detoxify yourself and cleanse your body. Let’s grow a wheatgrass at our home and get the maximum benefits of this wonder plant 🙂