It’s the first day of Feb and you might be thinking that love is in the air with Valentine’s Day drawing close and all. While that might be true for most people, the other thing blooming this season are beautiful green veggies! And if you love your parathas or rotis for breakfast, here’s a treat that will deepen your relationship with your favorite morning meal. Let’s try making the delicious spinach paratha to get the most out of your first meal of the day!
What You Will Need
- Spinach leaves – 200g
- Gram flour (besan) – 2 tbsp
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Ajwain – 1 tsp
- Green chilli – 1-2
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare
- Boil water in a pan and turn the flame off. In the hot water, add the spinach leaves. After it has blanched, remove the leaves and soak them in cold water.
- Using the spinach leaves, ginger and green chillies, make a puree in mixer or blender.
- In a mixing bowl add the wheat flour, gram flour and salt. Mix them well and add the green puree, ajwain and a tsp of oil.
- Knead the dough well and allow it to rest for 10-15 min.
- Roll medium thick parathas out of the dough.
- Heat a tawa and roast the paratha after applying a little oil. Roast well on both sides.
- Serve it hot with carrot raita.
Highlights of the Spinach Paratha
- Spinach is one of the most nutrient dense leafy green vegetables and it will give you the required amount of Vitamin K
- It benefits eye health, reduces oxidative stress and helps in managing blood pressure too
We hope you enjoy this Spinach Paratha recipe. Do share your thoughts in the comments below. Do check out the Healthy Reads section within the app for more healthy recipes or tune to GOQii Play for LIVE cooking sessions.
#LevelUp and #BeTheForce