Do you love your traditional uttapam? Well, you’re about to love this healthy twist we’ve added to it more! Quick, easy to prepare and nutritious, the Oats Sprouts and Vegetable Uttapam is a mouthwatering recipe just as it is healthy. As it is made with oats, it provides better satiety too. Let’s get started!
- Rolled oats – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup
- Ginger chili paste – 1 tbsp
- Parboiled sprouts – ½ cup
- Grated carrot – ½ cup
- Grated beetroot – ½ cup
- Finely chopped onion – ½ cup
- Finely chopped tomatoes – ½ cup
- Finely chopped coriander – ½ cup
- Turmeric – 1 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Heat a pan and roast the oats for 3-5 minutes and grind them into powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add oats powder, curd, salt & ginger chilli paste. Mix this well & add some water to make dosa batter consistency. Put it to rest for 20 minutes.
- For the topping, in a different bowl add parboiled sprouts, onion, tomato, carrot, beetroot, coriander and lemon juice. Add the spices too and give it a gentle mix.
- The oats batter will be thick after 20 minutes, so add some water again to gain dosa batter consistency.
- Heat a dosa pan and grease with some oil. Take a spoon full of oats batter & spread it to make a mini uttapam. After it is slightly cooked take a spoon full of sprouts & veggies stuffing to put over the uttapam. Cover the pan with a lid & allow it to cook.
- After it turns golden brown on the base, flip it over for the stuffing to cook well too.
- Time to serve it hot with coconut chutney.
Highlights of the Oats Sprouts and Vegetable Uttapam
- This single dish gives benefits equal to that of a whole balanced meal.
- Improved fiber, nutrients and protein content from the traditional rice based uttapam.
- A colorful blend of veggies giving us the necessary antioxidants and improving heart health.
We hope you try and enjoy this Oats Sprouts and Vegetable Uttapam recipe! Do leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr