With all those delicious festive Christmas sweets now being out of reach, we’re sure your sweet tooth is craving for some of that sweet goodness! Those sweets often come with unhealthy baggage but don’t worry, we’ve found a way in which you can stick to your healthy eating routine in the New Year without guilt. Here’s a crispy, crunchy oats and gram flour cookies recipe with the goodness of healthy fats. Let’s start!
What You Will Need
- Rolled Oats – ½ cup
- Besan – ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Flax seeds – 1 tsp
- Raisins – 2 tsp
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Olive oil – 2 tsp
- Jaggery powder – 4 tsp
- Vinegar – 1 tsp
- Vanilla essence – ½ tsp
- Warm milk – 1 tbsp
- Dark chocolate chips – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
How To Prepare
- In a bowl, add oats, besan, cinnamon powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Give it a good mix and keep it aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add ghee, oil, vinegar, vanilla essence, warm milk & jaggery powder. Mix it well till the jaggery powder melts and it is converted to a smooth paste. It will have very small jaggery particles so it will not be a very smooth textured paste. Once done, add chocolate chips, flax seeds and raisins.
- Time to mix the dry and wet ingredients thoroughly. Take a baking tray and put butter paper on it. Now, portion the dough into small parts and flatten in between two palms. Place the cookies on the tray and sprinkle some chocolate chips & raisins on the top for extra flavor.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180°c for 18-20 minutes or in a microwave in convection mode. You can also make the cookies in an air fryer at 180°c for 15-20 minutes. Keep checking the cookies after 12 minutes.
Note: You can use coconut sugar or stevia powder instead of jaggery powder.
Highlights of the Oats and Gram Flour Cookies Recipe
- A complete guilt free cookie that everyone in the family can enjoy
- It has the goodness of protein and healthy fats too
- Healthy sugars are not to be afraid of (for diabetics, it is better to add stevia powder)
We hope you enjoy this Oats and Gram Flour Cookie recipe. Do share it and leave your thoughts in the comments below! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr
Eat healthy and #BeTheForce