Uttapam is quite a popular dish! How about we add a twist of health and nutrition to it with Bajra? That’s right! Today let’s prepare Vegetable Bajra Uttapam. Bajra, as you know, is rich in fiber, it is gluten-free and helps one manage blood sugar, lose weight and it also reduces cholesterol levels.
Let’s get started!
What You Will Need
- Whole Bajra – ¼ cup (soaked for 8 hours and drained)
- Bajra Flour – 1 cup
- Rice Flour – ¼ cup
- Carrot – ½ cup (grated)
- Onion – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Tomato – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Coriander – ½ cup (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice – 1 tbsp
How to Prepare
- Combine whole Bajra with ½ cup of water and some salt. Put it in a pressure cooker and cook for 5 whistles. It will take time to cook, so be patient.
- Once done, drain the excess water and keep the cooked Bajra aside.
- Combine Bajra flour, rice flour, whole cooked Bajra, all vegetables, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice & spices along with 1-1.5 cup of water in a mixing bowl, mix them well.
- Heat a nonstick griddle and grease it lightly with oil.
- Using a spatula pour the batter on the tawa and spread it lightly to make a medium thick circle. Allow it to cook on medium flame.
- Once golden brown, flip it over and allow it to cook on the other side.
- Serve it hot with freshly made green chutney.
Highlights of the Vegetable Bajra Uttapam
- Vegetable Bajra Uttapam is rich in fiber and iron, giving you satiety with just 1-2 Uttapam.
- Best for any meal of the day, and very colorful with all the veggies.
- Will give you a change from the regular Uttapam and is super healthy!
We hope you enjoy this delicious and nutritious Vegetable Bajra Uttapam recipe! Do share your thoughts with us in the comments below. For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or ask a GOQii Coach by subscribing for personalized coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr