If you are looking to build muscles, overtraining is not the way to go! Instead, try foods which will help you gain muscles naturally as well as help you shed excess fat. In order to maximize your results from a workout, you must focus on your diet as both nutrition and physical activities are critical if you want to gain muscles.
Why Do You Need Muscles?
Muscles are not only important for being in shape but it has other functions and benefits too. For instance:
- Muscles increase metabolic rate
- They make everyday chores easier
- Muscles reduce the risk of many chronic diseases
- Muscle gain builds and strengthens your bones and tendons, which can help prevent broken bones, tendon sprain and tears
Top 10 Foods Which Will Help You Gain Muscles Naturally
These foods will make your fitness journey more adaptable and diverse in terms of choices:
- Eggs: High Protein foods are very important for gaining muscles and eggs are grade one quality protein with essential vitamins.
- Chicken Breast: The lean protein in chicken is an excellent source of amino acids. Each 3-ounce (85 gram) contains about 26 grams of high quality protein. They are also packed with Vitamin B, which may be particularly important, if you are active.
- Salmon and Tuna: are great choices for muscle building and overall health. They provide large amounts of Omega- 3 fatty acids, which support muscle gain.
- Soyabean: Numerous studies have demonstrated the effectiveness of Soyabean for promoting fat loss while preserving muscle mass and supporting body mass gain. It is a complete source of protein for vegetarians and a particularly good source of Vitamin K, Iron and Phosphorus. Make sure you buy non-GMO Soyabeans as they are dense in nutrients, have not encountered pesticides and do not contain antibiotics.
- Lentils and Beans: are the secret weapons you need when you want to gain muscles naturally. They are rich in protein and low in fat. They are affordable, widely available and are loaded with Fiber, Vitamin B, Magnesium and Iron – all of which are perfect for muscle gain. Black Lentils, Green Lentils, Split Peas, Navy Beans, Chickpeas, Black Beans, Kidney Beans are some high protein varieties of lentils and beans. You can try soaking and sprouting your lentils and beans as it neutralizes phytic acid and facilitates the bioavailability of nutrients like VitaminB, Vitamin C and the Fiber along with enhancing it’s flavour.
- Bengal Gram Flour (Sattu): is the flour of roasted Bengal Gram Dal. It is very rich in protein, dietary fiber and minerals like Calcium, Iron and Manganese. It can be an excellent replacement for market protein powders to fulfil the requirement of protein after an intense workout session. You can mix it in a glass of water, buttermilk, milk and can even blend it with your smoothies.
- Nuts: are high in protein and essential fats. They make the perfect snack option for muscle gain. Try a fistful mix trail of Almonds, Walnuts, Cashews, Pistachios and Peanuts for building and maintaining muscles.
- Quinoa: Not only is it rich in Protein and Fiber, it is also high in Magnesium and Iron – which helps promote protein synthesis. It contains all nine amino acids essential for building muscle and it is gluten-free as well. It’s the perfect food to rely on during your muscle building program.
- Healthy Fats: In general, fats make up 20-35% of our total calories for overall health and muscle gain. We need to focus on healthy sources of fats, including Canola oil, Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive oil, Cold Pressed Coconut oil, Avocados, Groundnut oil and oil from nuts and seeds. We know that the very thought of consuming fat makes some of you shudder, but good fats are essential for muscle growth.
- A2 Milk and Milk Products: A2 Milk may be a smart choice for those who want to build muscle mass. It contains high quality and easily absorbable Protein, Carbohydrates and Micronutrients (Calcium, Phosphorus and Vitamin B) which are crucial for gaining muscles. You can include products made of A2 milk like Paneer/Curd/Ghee/Butter, but remember that moderation is the key, so don’t over do it.
To reach your goal of gaining muscles, focus on the right sets of exercise and eat more protein-packed foods as listed above. However, it is also important to consume Carbohydrates (Complex) and Fats (Healthy Fats) to provide fuel for exercise and physical activity.
We hope this articles helps you gain muscles naturally with nutrition! Do leave your thoughts in the comments below. For more on fitness and muscle building, check out Healthy Reads or workout with our experts through a live, interactive session on GOQii Pro within the GOQii App. Book a class now!