The onset of the cool, rainy weather calls for a bowl of piping hot soup! If you’re keen on experimenting with some new recipes, why not try this delicious bowl of Chilli Bean Soup? It’s easy to prepare and is totally nutritious! Let’s get started.
What You Will Need
- Boiled Kidney Beans – 1 Cup
- Finely Chopped Onion and Tomato – 1 Medium Sized
- Chopped Carrot – ½ cup
- Finely Chopped Red, Green and Yellow Bell Peppers – ½ cup
- Chopped French Beans – 2 tbsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Chopped Coriander – 2 tbsp
- Chopped Green Chilli – 1
- Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
- Chilly Sauce – 1 tsp
- Tomato ketchup or puree – 1 tsp
- Vegetable stock or water – 2 cups
- Oil for seasoning
- Salt to taste
How To Prepare
- Take a pan and heat a tsp of oil.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till slightly brown.
- Also add onion and chopped green chilly. Saute onion till translucent.
- Add tomato, bell peppers, carrot and french beans to the pan.
- Saute the vegetables for 5-7 min with closed lid.
- Now add kidney beans and stir along with vegetables.
- Add the pepper powder, salt, chilly sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Stir well and add 2 cups of vegetable stock.
- Close the pan with a lid and allow the soup to simmer for another 5-7 min.
- Serve the Chilly Bean Soup hot.
Highlights Of The Chilli Bean Soup
- It is a great mid meal snack or even a meal option when you wish to end your day light.
- The soup will help you clear your throat and work as an anti-inflammatory agent because of vegetables and pepper.
- Choose your vegetables very wisely this monsoon and use them only after washing them properly.
If you try and enjoy this delicious Chilli Bean Soup recipe, share it on your social media pages and tag us! We’d also love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.