The recent Coronavirus outbreak has become one of the biggest health scare in the world right now. What started in Wuhan, China on 31 December, 2019 has now struck Europe and the US and has overall claimed many lives. As of February 27, 2020, China reported 78,824 confirmed cases of the virus with a death toll of 2,788.
The virus is spreading rapidly and has been deemed to have pandemic potential by WHO. Now, among all the quarantines, preventive measures and news spreading like wildfire, how much do we really know about the virus? Of course, we’re well aware that it spread from China but what else do we really know?
In India, people are aware about the virus but aren’t prepared. This is because of lack of details. At this point, we are of the opinion that prevention is best as there is no cure for the Coronavirus yet.
As a leading preventive healthcare company, GOQii is recommending a few basic prevention and safety tips that people need to follow. The recommendations made here are in line with WHO guidelines: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
The first and foremost thing is to build your defense by building your Immunity. All that one needs to do is follow the basics of exercise, eat right and sleep well.
How Do You Build Immunity Against the Coronavirus?
- Include 1 or 2 cloves of garlic every day in your meals. As garlic is a potent anti-viral.
- Cut out smoking completely. Smoking destroys your respiratory tract including the lungs.
- Exercise regularly- Include a combination of strength training and cardio, concentrating on breathing patterns
- A dehydrated body is most prone to infections. Drink adequate water. Avoid alkaline water and drink boiled water.
- Avoid refined sugar in any form as sugar can reduce your immunity directly plus alters the bacteria in your gut
- Make sure you sleep well for at least 6-8 hours.
Other Prevention Must-Dos to be Followed
- Wear a Mask while travelling to crowded places. Preferably avoid crowded places.
- Wash your hands at regular intervals.
- If you have any symptoms of fever, cough, cold, sore throat and having trouble breathing please seek medical advice immediately.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth while travelling and otherwise
- While coughing or sneezing use a tissue and dispose it off safely
Can I ask a question? Why it is not advisable to drink alkaline water?
Anusha Subramanian says
The body needs a neutral ph and not alkaline or acidic ph .. too much alkalinity will increase chances of disease more. Therefore, there needs to be a balance
Adarsh kumar Sharma says
Very good information and guidance to boost immunity system
Tustin 3 dimensional letters says
I feel that is one of the most vital information for me.
And i’m satisfied studying your article. But wanna statement on some general issues, The site
taste is perfect, the articles is truly nice : D. Excellent job, cheers