If you’ve been sitting at home for too long, trying to cool yourselves under ACs and fans, there’s a simple way to maintain body heat and that’s food! Seasonal vegetables and fruits are loaded with micronutrients which not only help you stay hydrated but healthy as well – a much needed benefit for the current times. Let’s try these 2 recipes with vegetables still available in the market!
Healthy Recipes With Seasonal Vegetables
1. Pumpkin Soup
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Leek – 1, white part only – finely sliced
- Garlic clove – 1 crushed
- Ground coriander – ½ tsp
- Ground cumin – 1 tsp
- Freshly grated nutmeg – ½ tsp
- Peeled pumpkin – 1kg diced
- Potato – 1kg peeled and diced
- Vegetable liquid stock – 1L
- Thin cream – ½ cup (125ml)
- Heat oil in a large saucepan on low heat, add the onion and leek and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened but not colored.
- Add garlic and spices. Cook while stirring for 30 seconds.
- Add pumpkin, potato and stock and bring to boil.
- Turn heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, and then blend in batches.
- Return the soup to a pan, stir through cream and reheat gently.
- Season and add a little more nutmeg if desired.
2. Brin Baba Ganoush
- Egg plant – 2 large
- Garlic clove – 2-3
- Tahini paste – 3-4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Yogurt – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil – 4-5 tsp
- Finely chopped parsley and olives to garnish.
- Roast the egg plant directly on flame till it becomes soft and tender. Remove the peel and mash the pulp.
- Run this pulp in a mixer, add garlic, tahini paste, lemon juice, yogurt, salt to taste and half the quantity of oil. Remove it in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with finely chopped parsley, red chili flakes, olives and olive oil.
- Baba Ganoush can be served with multigrain bread, pita bread or veggies. You can also add finely chopped onions and tomatoes.
We hope you enjoy these recipes with seasonal vegetables. Do try them out, upload your pics on social media or the GOQii Arena and tag us! For more healthy recipes, check out Healthy Reads or tune in to LIVE cooking sessions on GOQii Play.
To get more advice on recipes, nutrition and diet tips, subscribe to GOQii and ask your GOQii Coach: https://goqiiapp.page.link/wssu
Eat Healthy, Stay Home, Stay Safe and #BeTheForce
Leave a Reply