Early morning cooking can be a nightmare for many people especially for the office goers who struggle with their morning meals and in this process often tend to skip their breakfast which is the most important meal of the day. Some struggle with their culinary skills and often have this excuse ready to skip their meals.
Try out these quick options to make your life easy and move to a healthy routine:
(1) Sandwich Spread: Here is a recipe of protein rich spread which you can use for your multigrain sandwiches. It is filling and rich of antioxidants.
- One cup boiled chick peas
- One lemon squeezed
- A dash of olive oil
- Some salt and pepper
- De-seed the avocado and cut into pieces.
- Boil the chickpeas
- Add all the above ingredients in a blender along with lemon juice, salt, pepper, and olive oil. This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator and can be used for good 1 week.
(2) Oats Uttapam: This can be a great option to carry in the tiffin box too.
- 1 Cup Powdered oats
b. 1 cup low fat yogurt
- Veggies of your choice
- Mix all the ingredients together. Add salt and cumin seeds. Can prepare this mixture a night before.
- Take the batter in a large spoon and pour it on the non-stick pan and spread. You can use some cold compressed coconut oil for greasing the pan.
- Once cooked flip the side and let it cook.
(3) Almond Mango Smoothie: This is a quickie to prepare and has a dose of essential vitamins. This is best made during the Mango season. This refreshing beverage will make you feel fresh and full.
- A ripened mango
- Some soaked almonds
- To make it more nutritious some dates and walnuts will add to its value
Procedure: Blend all the ingredients together in a blender and have chilled.
(4) Sprouts sandwich: This is definitely a great easy snack recipe and full of nutrition.
- Multigrain bread
- Mix sprouts of moong, black gram
- Cut vegetables like onion, tomato, cucumber etc.
- To make it more protein rich you can add some cubes of cottage cheese or few peanuts.
- Take slices of multigrain bread
- Take sprouts and add vegetables of your choice, add some lemon to the chat.
- Put this mixture on the slices of bread. You can use some home-made spreads and paste like mint or tamarind paste instead of mayonnaise.
(5) Fruity Nutty yogurt: A delicious healthy smoothie, easy to make as well.
- Choose your favourite fruits
- Hung curd
- Some nuts like walnuts, almonds, raisins
- Honey or Jaggery by choice to add sweetness.
Procedure: Throw in all the ingredients in the blender and have it chilled.
The above 5 recipes are quick, healthy and refreshing. These are good choices for those who are running out of time and are managing alone with their meals. These snacks can be taken any time of the day. They are healthy and easy to prepare.