Ever heard of the phrase, “You are what you eat?” What if we were to tell you that you are not what you eat but what you digest?” It’s no surprise that almost all diseases begin in the gut. The maintenance of ‘Microflora’ (balance of good bacteria) in the gut is crucial for good health, immunity and even the prevention, healing and recovery from serious diseases like cancer.
Your intestines (gut) contain pounds of good bacteria whose job is to help with the absorption of nutrients from the food you eat. The good bacteria determines the strength of your immunity, regulates weight loss, recovery, healing, colon health, toxicity in the body and several other functions.
As per our India Fit Report, we found that ‘gut health’ is an area of key concern among users. Issues such as acidity, indigestion, constipation, and bloating have seen a steep incline since last year.
Some of the key finds include:
- 29.6% of India has acidity issues
- 30.10% women suffered from acidity & indigestion compared to 29.40% men
- People from Bhubaneshwar (40.2%) and Indore (35%) suffer the most from acidity and indigestion issues
- More doctors are actively prescribing lifestyle improvements (nutrition, exercise and sleep)
This raises many concerns about India’s health and nutrition. For a healthy lifestyle and to achieve health goals, you need to take care of your gut health first!
Here are a few tips that will help you maintain a strong and healthy gut
- Include good fiber in your everyday routine which should include raw and cooked vegetables with 2-3 fruits
- Add a natural probiotic like curd in your diet
- Walk and get moving, reduce the sitting time through the day
- Maintain good water intake to flush out toxins and even aid passage of stools to reduce constipation
- Learn to chew your food thoroughly and not eat on the run
We hope this article gives you a better insight into gut health and how to maintain it. Do check our IndiaFit Report for more insights.
For more articles on gut health, check out Healthy Reads. For tips on how to improve your gut health, speak to a GOQii Coach now by subscribing for personalized health coaching here: https://goqiiapp.page.link/bsr