29% of the teenagers in India fall sick annually, followed by 26% of adults-India Fit Report 2019
Immunity is the ability of our body to defend itself against infections, diseases, or other unwanted biological invasions. The higher your immunity, the less likely you are to fall sick. If you are someone who frequently falls prey to cold and cough, think no more, you just have weak immunity. Being the body’s first and last line of defence, immunity is essential to keep your body strong and resilient. There are many factors that determine how good your immunity system is for example, the area you live in, your lifestyle, eating habits etc.
According to the GOQii India Fit Report 2019 Titled-Insurance: An Investment in Health, around 25% of the population in India suffer from a constant cough, cold, and sore throat. That speaks volumes about the immunity system of an average Indian, doesn’t it? In order to understand Immunity on a deeper note, let’s take a look at how the human body builds its Immunity.
“The younger your body is, the more prone it is to getting a cough or cold. The body is developing at this stage to become stronger and more immune to illness.” Indicates, the India Fit Report 2019. The data collected showed that 29% of the teenagers in India fall sick annually, followed by 26% of adults, senior citizens at 21% and at last older adults at 19%.
Further, the report adds that teenagers catch a cold and cough easily compared to adults because as you get older, your body matures and builds a much stronger immunity to keep you healthy. The India Fit Report advise you to take measures to build your immunity if you are over 20 years old and often fall sick.
Kolkata, Ahmedabad, and Chennai recorded the most cases of cold and cough as per the GOQii India Fit report 2019. A total of 11% Indians fell sick at least 3 times a year and this showed a serious lack of immunity. Delhi amidst other cities stood out for the highest percentage of people falling sick at 13%. All of these nos. indicate a serious case of weak immunity among Indians.
“With increased pollution and constantly changing the environment, the air we breathe and the food we eat is all contaminated. We really have to fight to build our immune system which is what helps us survive a day on day,” says the India Fit Report 2019
Here are some ways to boost your immunity and fight off diseases efficiently, as per The GOQii India it Report 2019.
- Get Adequate Rest and Sleep: Sleep is very important for a healthy body because adequate sleep ensures that the body is well relaxed and this also helps the cells to repair and replace, thus contributing to strong immunity. Adequate rest also includes getting quality sleep without distractions, so keep that in mind.
- Eliminate sugar and processed foods: Processed foods come packed with refined sugar, which is a major culprit in weakening your immune system. If you are planning to boost your immunity, it is advised to avoid sugar content in your diet.
- Boost Gut Health: Having a healthy gut and intestinal system is very important for our well being. A healthy gut hosts healthy bacteria which teach our immune system about what to fight against. It works like an Artificial Intelligence system which is constantly learning. In short, if you have bad gut health, you will have an inexperienced immune system.
- Manage stress effectively: Many studies have proved that the higher your stress, the weaker your immunity system. A stressed out person is more likely to fall sick than a relaxed person. So try to keep the stress under control, it plays a major role in boosting your immunity
- Include Indian spices in meals: Spices have been widely used in the field of medicine in India and China. They not only add taste and flavour to your food but also help you build your immunity. Add spices like Ginger, Garlic, Turmeric, Clove and Cumin to your meals and stay free from diseases.
- Limit exposure to chemicals: Exposure to chemicals play a very big role in weakening your immunity. You’re most likely to come in contact with them in the form of Pesticides on your fruits and vegetables, so make sure you wash them properly before consumption.
To read more Download the report from Indiafit.org
Sears Natural says
The Essential oils are the best to Increase Immunity system.
Must try it to boost your Immunity.