Who says that if you are an entrepreneur or in a corporate job you cannot be fit and lead a healthy lifestyle. Staying healthy is not the prerogative of just those who have all the time in the world. Entrepreneurship or building a business is mastery of work and play. I would like to consider myself a lifestyle entrepreneur rather than a regular entrepreneur as I believe in and strive to live a more balanced lifestyle.
Finding a suitable balance between work and daily living is a challenge that we all face. But, when you build a business around the lifestyle you want to lead, you will realise you tend to work better and are more productive and live a stress free life. I would say, if you know how to plan and manage yourself and be disciplined to follow the plan, you can be lead a better and healthy life too.
I did not do anything drastic; I just made a few healthy lifestyle choices that have worked for me beautifully. I would like to share these learning with one and all who are burdened by this thought that they do not have any time in the world to do anything else other than work
Here you go….
- While sleeping keep your phone far away from reach… I keep it in a different room.
- Stop push emails and change them to manual pull and don’t reply to emails on Saturday, Sundays or holidays
- Restrict your email replies to 140 characters
- Maintain a to do list
- Start measuring your activities so to that you can see how you progress. Get an activity tracker, or free apps to track daily steps and sleep.
- Find a coach or a motivation network of people who will push you to perform
- Go to events where you meet people much smarter than you
- Only take advice from champions (winners). Amateurs will only discourage you
- If you want to meet or get attention from someone use someone in your common network to get introduced. Establish you are trustworthy … Never send unsolicited emails 99% they get deleted or turn spam
- STOP having sugar in your tea, coffee, yogurt etc. Sugar is worse than cocaine (go figure)
- STOP having soft drinks and worst Diet sodas
- Drink 3 to 4L of water daily
- Support charities and do good karma. Help others without expectations