Pulling someone out of bed for a workout can really be a task! In the field of health and fitness, we have come across people giving some very fickle excuses that are just not valid. We are writing this article not to help you make those excuses, but to convey the fact that these excuses are invalid. We need to get stronger and workout harder!
Top 10 Excuses We Make To Skip A Workout
- I Just Ate A Meal: We agree there should be a good 2 hour gap between your meal and workout but does this qualify as a reason to not workout? If you have just eaten your lunch, schedule your workout towards late noon or evening. But, include it in your “to-do” list. Do not skip it.
- I am not going to wear my “brand new” shoes for a run: If you aren’t wearing them, then why did you buy them? To walk the ramp or just look at it and feel good? Unless you are heading for some mud run or splash in a mucky puddle, they are going to remain the same. Shoes are meant to get dirty. It is very important you wear the new shoes and run as you need to break into them as well.
- I Can’t Afford a Gym: One doesn’t need to go to the gym to be fit. The roads are your playground and your coach is your motivator. Running, trekking, walking and stair climbing are some accessible and free ways to get fit. In fact, you can even tune in to GOQii Play sessions or subscribe for GOQii Pro classes for one-on-one coaching from fitness experts. The sessions are pretty affordable too and you can do it from the comfort of your home!
- I Don’t Have the Time: This one is probably the most common excuse. A workout does not need to last for an hour. 15-20 minutes is also good enough. If that too sounds like a lot to spare for your health, then you should definitely be working out because such a thought itself is an indicator of stress. Set your priorities right! Break into some HIIT‘s (High Intensity Interval Training). Have a Smart Workout.
- I Feel Sick: Now this sounds like a genuine one. A viral fever, dizziness or any condition that requires extra care are excused. But, days when you suffer from a mild headache, feel heavy, PMS or just not feel a 100%, a little exercise will actually help. Your body needs to get rid of the toxins.
- I’m Too Tired: Next time, tell yourself, “10-15 minutes of a quick workout and I shall head home for a nap”. As a result of this you shall end up taking a nap with more satisfaction and contentment.
- Blame My Crazy Travel Schedule: This is the time when Tabata, body-weight exercises, living-room workouts and other HIIT’s will make more sense to you. Most hotels already have the facility of an in-house gym. Avail that. Or else, take a brisk walk and explore your new surroundings. One more tip that comes handy is to book your room above the 3rd floor, so that you get a chance to climb the stairs.
- I Worked Out Yesterday: One bite of pizza doesn’t harm you. Similarly, one day of activity is not going to help the goals you have set for yourself. We need to be consistent for at least 21 days till it becomes a habit (rest days included). It’s a lifestyle change. The old saying, ‘Tomorrow never comes’ still holds true.
- My Buddy Did Not Turn Up: OK! This is serious! You need some serious motivation. Go solo, that’s alright. More often than not, we are so dependent on our friends for any outdoor activities and this holds true for workouts as well. You can’t always wait for company to workout. You are your own individual and cannot allow someone else to impact your fitness goals.
- Bad Day at Work/Home: This calls for some “me” time then. Trust me, a workout will definitely make you feel better. It will refill your confidence, relieve your stress and elevate your mood. Whenever you feel like ‘it wasn’t your day’, get your favorite workout into the picture and work off that tension.
Remember that the only person standing in your way is ‘YOU’. Go ahead and take a step towards a healthier lifestyle. Your body will thank you for it! Did we miss out on anything? What are the most common excuses you have heard? Share them with us in the comments below!
Find more articles on getting fit and living a healthier lifestyle here. To never skip a workout and stay motivated at all times, join a live and interactive GOQii PRO class conducted by a certified expert. Book a class now from the GOQii App.