Are you craving for ladoos but do not want to buy them because of the pandemic? The question is – why control this craving? Don’t worry. We’ll help you out with an awesome, tasty and delicious immunity boosting ladoos recipe that will rev up your immunity and help you enjoy this treat guilt-free!
Preparing The Immunity Powder (1 tbsp = 15gm)
- Organic turmeric powder – 7 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 4 tbsp
- Coriander seeds – 4 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 7 tbsp
- Whole black pepper – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom – 3 tbsp
- Dry ginger powder – 2 tbsp
- Cinnamon powder (dalchini) – ½ tbsp or 1 stick
Method: Lightly roast all the ingredients (except turmeric powder and dry ginger powder) on a slow flame till you get a nice aroma. Once cooled, transfer them in a grinder and grind them to a powder. Add turmeric and dry ginger powder to it and mix with a dry spoon. Store in a clean, airtight glass or steel jar for 4-6 months.
How To Make The Immunity Boosting Ladoos
Ingredients (1 cup = 200gm)
- Sattu powder – 1 cup
- Ghee – ¼ cup or 3 tbsp
- Immunity powder – 2 tbsp
- Grated jaggery – ½ cup
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan.
- Add 1 cup sattu powder. Mix it and roast it for only 2-4 min on low flame. Shift in a bowl.
- Add ½ cup grated jaggery.
- Add 2 tbsp. Immunity powder and mix it very well.
- Then, add 2 tbsp. ghee (room temperature). Mix it well.
- Shape into ladoos while the mixture is still warm.
- Store these immunity ladoos in an airtight steel or glass jar for a week.
- Enjoy 1 immunity boosting ladoo daily as a mid-morning snack/ post workout meal/ early morning on empty stomach for energy as well.
Tips while making the Ladoos
- If you do not have sattu powder then grind roasted chana dal to a fine powder, sieve it and use it.
- You can also use jaggery powder. If there are granules in jaggery powder, grind it in the mixer grinder to make fine powder.
- If you are not able to bind ladoos, add a few tsp. ghee as required.
- If you are allergic to sattu/chana dal flour you can have ½ tsp immunity powder with 1 glass warm water in early morning or with 1tbsp ghee or can be used as garam masala in gravy.
Health Benefits of the Immunity Boosting Ladoos
- Sattu is known as the “Poor man’s protein” and is loaded with protein, calcium, fiber, iron and magnesium. It helps in building strength and muscle mass rapidly.
- It is excellent for bone health to prevent osteoporosis, cleans out the colon and stomach. Is an excellent cure for constipation and aids fat loss.
- It has cooling effects on the body.
- Ghee is full of fat soluble vitamins, helps to build strong bones.
- Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants, minerals and vitamins. It boosts immunity and guards the body against harmful pathogens.
- Turmeric aids in the healing of osteoarthritis, CVD, diabetes, asthma, allergies, skin diseases, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and cancer diseases.
- Cinnamon helps to improve glucose and lipid levels.
- Cardamom, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and coriander seeds are rich in antioxidants and help in relieving digestive issues like bloating and indigestion. Piperine in black pepper can increase absorption of nutrients like selenium, B- complex vitamins, Beta carotene and rich in potassium, manganese and iron.
- Dry ginger powder contains thermogenic agents that help burn fat and reduce cholesterol and triglycerides.