It’s almost a month since summer is here and it’s only getting hotter by the day. During summers many do not feel like eating due to the heat. Most love to keep hydrating. But, it is important to both have a good diet (nutrition) as well as hydrate yourself during summer. Opting for either/or is a bad idea.
here are 10 simple tips for summer that everyone can follow. I can assure you that you follow these tips and you will stay healthy all through these hot months
1. Add #Curd in your daily meal plan- For all those who suffer from constipation, gas and acidity in the summers, this one is an absolute must-have on a daily basis.
2. #Sabja seeds – Not just a quick detox but an instant cooler and bloating reliever. Note – Sabja seeds are different from chia seeds and can be consumed only after soaking. Can be consumed with curd, buttermilk, smoothies or in any liquid.
3. #Coconut water- Prevents dehydration, cramp & relieves a migraine during PMS trouble. It’s rich in electrolytes, can replenish you electrolyte stores in no time when you have to work too much under the scorching sun
4. #Jeera ( Cumin seeds) – Calm your nerves and aid your fat burning efforts in Summer. Can boil 1 tsp Jeera (cumin seeds) in a glass of water. Sieve and drink it warm after 30mins of meals.
5. #Jowar and #Jaun (Barley)- Sattu water -Brain food, cooling in nature, best for weight loss. Add Jowar and Jaun in normal wheat flour in equal proportion to aid weight loss and also to have a cooling effect on the body.
6. Include #Juices- Lemon, Aloe vera, Wheatgrass, Bottle Gourd, Mint and Amla for glowing skin in summers. Avoid fruit juices, cold drinks, have fresh fruits instead.
7. Start your day with seasonal #Fruits in summers like Litchi, Grapes, Jammun, Melons, Mango (acts as a cleanser, soak mangoes in water 20 mins before consumption for cooling effect). Having fruits first thing in the morning also gives instant energy and makes you feel fresh, rather than a cup of tea ( pouring caffeine & tannin first thing in the morning )
8. Fruit #Smoothies and Lassi (butter Milk) with Hing (asafoetida), Pudina (mint) and roasted Jeera (cumin seeds) as mid snacks rather than colas and tinned fruit juices. Avoid having fruit shakes (mixing fruits with milk) to prevent antioxidants loss.
9. Hydrate with normal #Water or infused drinks: Lemon with rock salt water is best to detox drink which alkaline your body thus combat acidity.
10.#Exercise for 30 mins 5 times in a week for good blood circulation to avoid a migraine and headache in summers.
Take care and beat the heat this summer!!!!