Environment is paramount. If we keep our environment clean it automatically creates a healthy atmosphere for us to live healthy. Environment encompasses a whole lot but, among all environmental issues ‘pollution’ is one issue that is widely talked about as it affects all of us on a daily basis.
In a year old report published by the World Health Organization (WHO) 13 of the top 20 most polluted cities are from India. Interestingly, Delhi tops the chart and has six times the levels of airborne particulate matter than are considered safe. With each passing day it is getting bad to worse.
Due to constant exploitation of natural resources we have endangered ourselves and our future generation. With the growing population our needs have also been constantly growing. However there have been no efforts taken to restore these natural resources on an individual level!
The way we take care of that expensive electronic gadget is different from the way we take care of the green tree in our vicinity. The difference is we are incapable of understanding the loss of the rare natural resources.
Each time we use any natural resource, it seldom occurs to us how we are going to reproduce the same rare resource. The day we decide to think about our future generation, it is the day when we will put efforts to save environment
One of the recent examples set by Mr. KaustubhTamhankar a common man from Thane, Maharashtra has proved that he can lead an eco-friendly lifestyle. For the past 12 years he has not generated a single piece of garbage in his house. How has he been able to do this? Very systematically everyday he segregates wet and dry garbage in his house. With the wet garbage he makes vermin-compost. It is his determination and motivation that has kept him going. Today, he has also encouraged his neighbors to do the same.
Going green is easier than you think. There are little things you can do every day to help reduce greenhouse gases and make a less harmful impact on the environment. Taking care of the Earth is not just a responsibility — it’s a privilege.
If you search through the internet you will find thousands of ways on how do we adopt an eco-friendly lifestyle but the real struggle is to adopt.
Some of the simple ways which could become a part of your eco-friendly lifestyle could be:
- Reuse, Recycle, Reduce:These help to cut down on the amount of waste we throw away. They conserve natural resources, landfill space and energy.
- Go Solar: Increasing demand for electric power has resulted in many businesses resorting to alternative sources of energy. Solar energy is a sustainable choice and one that can be used in various applications.
- Carpooling: Carpoolingreduces air pollution and traffic congestion, something that benefits all of us! It saves money and reduces congestion on our roads and highways. For short distances use a bi-cycle to travel its pollution free and healthy.
- Plant tress: The simple act of planting a tree benefits the environment in many ways-from filtering air to reducing soil erosion, creating shade and helping recycle water.
- Conserve water: Water conservation is the most effective and environmentally sound method to fight global warming and help in reducing scarcity of water.
If we all do our part we can help reverse the effects of global warming. We owe it to ourselves and each other to help make a difference.