“The first wealth is health”, “Never give up, great things take time” – We already know these sayings. Despite the fact we aware of the positives of being active and healthy, most of us find it difficult to change our lifestyles. We have our own reasons for not being active.
Finding the time and interest to build physical activity into your daily life can sometimes be difficult. We can all come up with lots of excuses to avoid exercising.
Barriers to exercise include many reasons. We make always excuses to avoid something we dislike or fear. We do not impress anybody with your “good” excuses; however we are just trying to satisfy our self.
Most of us are familiar with the most common barrier (excuses) to a regular physical activity routine — lack of time, too much Work, I’m too old, I’m too fat, my knees are hurting, family obligations and other realities of daily life often get in the way of our best intentions to be more active.
Here are some of the more common barriers and solutions to overcome them:
- I don’t have enough time: Squeeze in short walks throughout the day, Drive less, walk more, select activities that require minimal time, such as walking, jogging, or stairs climbing. Last I believe – If we can give 10 Hours (approximately 41% of the day) to earn wealth then we can spend 30 min (2% of the day) for exercise to earn real wealth (fitness).
- I think exercise is boring: It’s common when we repeat the same workout day after day, especially when we’re alone. But, exercise doesn’t have to be boring. So exercise with a friend, join a local walking group or take up a team sport. Think back on physical activities you enjoyed as a child. Did you love to roller skate, ride your bike (cycling), Skipping, Frisbee, tennis or jump on a trampoline? Include a variety of exercises to avoid boredom. For example, you could try trekking and brisk walking instead of just walking on the treadmill.
- Lack of motivation : Try to watch one motivational video every day. Make physical activity a regular part of your daily or weekly schedule and write it in your calendar. Once you are done with your workout – Share it on Social network so that everyone will appreciate and increase your motivation levels. Invite a friend to exercise with you on a regular basis, Join an exercise group or class.
If you still thinking that you are not motivated – Join the GOQii Family – www.goqii.com
- I’m too tired to exercise after work : No energy to exercise? Without exercise, you’ll have no energy. It’s a vicious cycle. But breaking the cycle with physical activity is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Take a shot of morning dose for exercise.
Remember the suggestion n to get up 30 minutes earlier to exercise? small run 10 – 15 min or cycling 15 – 25 min while you are listening the songs on your mobile or iphones. Make a lunchtime count and take a brisk walk or Stairs climbing during your lunch break. After your work – go for shopping with your friends in a big mall and try to be very choosy while shopping so that you have to visit more and more shop by walking.
- I’m too lazy to exercise : If the mere thought of a morning jog makes you tired, try these thoughts on for size. Set realistic expectations. If your mental bar is too high, you might give up without even trying. Whenever you notice you’re having negative feelings about exercising, say “STOP!” in your mind then use positive statements, such as “Let’s do it” or “Stay focused”. Even a mantra in the form of a single word like “Focus” or “Go” can be helpful. Start with a walk around the block. Don’t give up if you feel worn out. Take another walk around the block tomorrow. Keep it up, and eventually you’ll no longer feel worn out.
Work with your nature, not against it. Plan physical activity for times of the day when you tend to feel more energetic — or at least not quite so lazy. Morning time go for a walk – not as a physical activity, but to enjoy the nature. Start spending 1% of your day for exercise and gradually it will increase.
- Fear of injury – If you’re nervous about injuries- no need to worry about this. Start with a simple walking program followed by warm up and cool down to prevent injury. As you become more confident in your abilities, add new activities to your routine. Choose activities involving minimum risk. You can also learn how to exercise appropriately considering your age, fitness level, skill level, and health status.
- I’ve tried earlier and failed: Currently you are not involved in any exercise, so start with the basic exercises and gradually increase your intensity. Begin with small and build up to more-intense workouts later, when your body is ready. Set some realistic goals and remember why you’re exercising. Once you achieve your goals reward yourself, it will help you to motivate.
- ‘It’s too hot’, It’s too cold’, ‘It’s raining’: There’s always something you can do, regardless of the weather. Don’t try to use seasons as your obstacle, make it your opportunity. Use variety of indoor and outdoor activities to choose from so that weather can’t interfere with your exercise routine. With regards to the indoor activities – you can choose different exercise format – 7 Min Exercise, Tabata, 9 Min Exercise format, Abb format etc. If you are planning outdoor activities – football, kabaddi, cycling, running, jog, trekking. In rainy season if you stuck in the market – go to shopping mall and do window shopping. Choose whether-specific activities such as skiing or snow-play in winter or swimming in summer.
- I can’t afford health club fees: You really don’t need any club membership to be a fit. Nature already provided all resources to be a fit, but if still you need you can use some very simple, basic and effective props, like resistance bands, bosu Ball, Yoga mat, Kettlebell, suspension trainer, swiss ball etc. Among all of the above – my favourite workout is with your own body weight. Here are some exercises which you can do into your day to day life and you not need to pay any health club membership fees to make you fit : Push ups, Jumping Jacks, Squats, Lunges, Plank, Mountain Climber, Burpees, Pull Up, Calf Raises, Sit ups, Jogging. Once you are use to with it – try some variation and increase the intensity.
10 Too Much Travelling : Most of the people travel a lot and they always have excuse that you are not getting enough time to workout. So for them I have already written a separate blog. Please check : Stay Fit While Traveling — https://goqii.com/blog/stay-fit-while-traveling/
One small drop can create a ripple in the water. Why do you think that one small workout isn’t going to make the difference? If you decide to achieve your fitness goal, no one can stop you to get there. The first step is the always most difficult one to take, but, let’s get started.