It was shocking for me to see every 1 out of 5 of my clients was suffering from stress. And, when I went to the roots of their problems, the most common factor causing stress was Expectation.
Either from job or boss or colleagues or family; any expectation which cannot get fulfilled, turns out to be a negative thought process or that causes stress or depression. It is not necessary that we get all the symptoms of depression in every time. If something keeps you constantly hurting or stopping from thinking anything else – you are stressed.
Here are 7 ways to fight stress –
- Deep breathing and Let it go: Our Spiritual Masters say – Forgive everyone and yourself, Accept everyone and yourself, Love everyone and yourself. Whenever you go through any bad experience – take deep breaths and tell this to yourself.
- Set a goal for yourself: spend half an hour with yourself every day. Do any of your favorite activity in those 30 minutes. If I ask you what’s your hobby and nothing comes to your mind, you need to spend 60 minutes for yourself.
- Bunk: Sounds immature? Once in 6 months, I strongly recommend to bunk your routine and go out with your loved ones.. Whenever you will come back, you will be recharged.
- Make a memory box: It can be either your hard disk or physical box. Store all the worthy cherishing memories in the form of papers, photographs, videos or objects and go through this memory box regularly to cherish positive memories.
- Give a healthy treat to yourself: You don’t need to prove anything to anyone as long as you are giving your best. When you feel exhausted, take a break. You should be the first one to reward yourself and value your work.
- Always say Good Bye to negative thought process: Never entertain that. Whenever you start getting negative thoughts, divert your mind with positivity. Meditation, singing, dancing, chit chatting on phone, or anything else – pick up whatever is available and possible.
- Smile: You look your best when you smile. Spread the charm everywhere!