All foods are unique in their calorie count, and unique in the way they are digested. Those foods with negative calories burn more calories than they contain. These foods are usually plant-derived foods that are high in water content and rich in fiber: grains, legumes, vegetables, and fruits, except for fatty fruits like avocados and olives. Since your body takes a longer time to burn off fibrous foods, your metabolism continues to stay revved up, giving you a jump start to your weight loss.
While these foods may be an important source of micronutrients, they are not sources of fat packing calories.That works because your stomach senses when it is physically full, and it will trigger your brain to stop eating when you can’t handle more food.
This is why, believe it or not, the simple act of drinking a glass of water before each meal is a proven weight loss strategy. It fills your belly with water, thereby reducing the amount of space left for other foods.
This is the common property among all: They all contain a lot of water locked in a fibrous matrix. Apples are essentially “water fruits,” as are grapes and watermelons (hence the name). Many vegetables are also “water vegetables,” meaning that they’re loaded with water. Celery, for example, is the classic example of a water-rich negative-calorie food. I am providing you with the examples of negative calorie foods:
- Apple:Apple contain amazingly powerful nutrients that improve your quality of life. Studies have also shown some evidence that the quercetin found in apples could lower the risk of Alzheimer’s disease by protecting your body from the damage that can be caused by dangerous free radicals.
- Lettuce and leafy Veggies:Lettuce and other leafy greens, including kale and spinach, are extremely low in calories. These contain 50% water to 50% fiber. As a result, leafy greens are an excellent source of energy, and definitely help to reduce the urge to eat sweet treats.Dark greens are packed with Vitamins and nutrients as well.
- Broccoli:Broccoli has a couple of different properties that make it an ally of those who are trying to lose weight. The fibre content is huge, helping to keep you feeling full and satisfied after you eat broccoli, and the protein is equal to that found in rice (while it contains just a fraction of the calorie content of rice). You should either steam the Broccoli or consume it raw if you want to make sure that you preserve all of the nutrients that make this vegetable a superfood.
- Papaya:Papaya’s also like Oranges are just as rich as oranges in vitamin C and contain 15 times more of the antioxidant beta-cryptoxanthin. Papaya’s fibre is also good for combating constipation and keeping cholesterol in check.
- Celery: About 75% of a celery stick is actually water; the other 25% is fibre and other roughage. The high water content of celery means that you will burn more calories eating it than it actually contains.
- Cucumber:Cucumbers are mostly made up of water. The cucumber is one of the best vegetables when it comes to providing vitamin C, and there is plenty of evidence suggesting that a high intake of vitamin C is linked to an improved ability to resist invasion by bacteria and viruses.
- Tomato:This veggie is more than 90 percent water. t has small amounts of carbohydrate, protein and fat, and it is rich in vitamin C, B, E and K, carotenoids and lycopene.The chromium that they contain might help your body to regulate blood sugar levels, keeping them within healthy limits by controlling the amount of sugar that gets absorbed in your blood.
- Radish: Radish has an extremely low calorific value. It has good amount of of vitamin C, B and A. It is interesting that in the same amount of radishes there is 2 mg of iron and other minerals.
- Watermelon: This fruit is extremely low in calories and contains no fat. It is a rich source of B vitamins, which increase your energy levels and reduce your need to eat extra foods.
- Orange: Oranges are wonderful for heart health in a couple of different ways. Firstly, they contain magnesium and potassium, which naturally regulate blood pressure. They are also a source of something called herperidin, which lowers levels of bad cholesterol. .
Having talked about negative calorie foods, please understand that eating negative calories will not replace exercise.In GOQii, we do not believe in Calorie intake and we do not cunt calories, what we encourage is to eat a balanced diet and exercise to live a healthy life.