Each and every person young or old should be involved in some form of physical activity or exercise programme on a daily basis. It’s not about just being physically active it is also important to track your activity.
Most who exercise do not track their activity on a daily basis which according to me is so wrong. No matter which activity you are doing? Weight Training, Cardio Vascular or sports specific training tracking it is important.
How can you track? For tracking you can use workout diary. Even you can track activities manually offline in computer by using excel programme. You can also use apps for tracking purpose.
To make it easy for you I have divided the tracking activity in two parts. This should make it easy for you to track your activities
- Monthy, half-monthly and weekly tracking
- Daily Tracking
- Monthly Tracking: Here you can track various aspects such as your Body weight, BCA (Body Composition Analysis), Fitness Test Records, workout schedules etc. For better result you can track the above every fortnight or every week.
- Daily Tracking
You can track your daily activities by maintaining a workout diary and food habits by maintaining a nutritional diary.
- Workout or Exercise Diary:
In a Workout or Exercise Diary you can update various things which includes
- Write down you Fitness Goals.
- Date and Time
- Number of sets and receptions
- Rest Intervals between the sets
- In cardiovascular activities you can monitor your heart rate
- Record as much as you can.
Updating your fitness activity records enables you to know where you stand currently and what you need to do to improve your performance. As I mentioned above it is a benchmark for you.
For example: “If you are training for a marathon or a long distance trail walk you will know how much distance you will cover in particular time. Based on your previous record you can estimate and set a target accordingly which will help you improve your performance. Continuous progress is possible when you track your fitness regularly. When you do that you know where you stand currently.
So if you have not started tracking your activities please do so and improve your performance.