Time is a precious commodity that we all run after. That’s the one thing we all lack given our busy schedules. We aimlessly do work not realizing what’s good and what’s bad. Are we oing the work we doing in a systematic manner etc.
I still remember my father always used to say there are two kinds of people (i) those who work hard and (ii) those who work smart. Those who work hard do their work without actually giving it a thought and work monotonously. The smarter workers are those who do their work in a systematic and planned manner adhere to time management and also enjoy what they are doing.
So what exactly is Time Management? Time management is the act or process of planning and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase effectiveness, efficiency or productivity.
To be successful in life adhering to time management is helpful. It helps to utilize the available time in optimum manner to achieve one’s personal and professional goals. Without time management you will not steer your life and you’ll eventually end up doing exactly what the others want you to do.
Time management helps you to take control of your life in the right manner. You decide what you want to do and where you want to go. Practicing time management has lots of benefits. Once you get a hang of it, you can work more, learn faster and play more.
How does time management affect your health?
Today, most are stressed due to increasing work pressure. More often than not people are awake till wee hours of the morning completing their work. During the day they are glued to their seats and their eyes staring at the computer. All of these have a negative impact on the body. No physical activity means lack of movement in your joints, muscles and hence one is prone to joint pains and other diseases.
If one practices time management they can complete their work on time and get some time to take care of your health and believe me you will start feeling positive. This in turn would help relieving stress.
For most adults, sleep is the main factor that is compromised due to busy time schedules. For students and professionals going without sleep is a regular affair under the garb of wanting to accomplish their targets. They may complete all their tasks, but they must not be realizing that their mental and physical health is getting affected. Proper time management, may prevent this.
Benefits of Time Management:
1. Increase in Productivity: Practicing time management can increase your productivity by finishing your work in the shortest possible time.
2. Chances of Moving up the Ladder: In corporate sectors the better you perform, the chances of your growth in the organization is higher. With proper time management you could end up becoming a start performer in your organization
3. Reduced Stress: With Time management you do not have to panic or push yourself to finish your work. You will be comfortably placed to get your work done at the said time thus relieving you of stress and unnecessary work pressure.
4. Higher Income: It is quite a well-known fact that in today’s world, time reciprocates money. Time management will help you to accommodate more time to take up new assignments thus opening up many more doors of opportunities.
5. Boost in Self-Confidence: If you are completing your work within the time frame and delivering quality as well it will certainly boost your self-confidence and be fruitful for your career advancements.
6. Stronger Family Bonds: Time management will help you to get quality time for your family and friends, which seems next to impossible these days. Time management helps you maintain a fine balance between your professional and personal life. Your family bonding will be much better.
7. Better for Health: For a better health, you need sound sleep of 7 to 8 hours. If you spend the whole night finishing your pending tasks, then you are certainly evoking great health hazards. There are many health related irregularities, which are caused by lack of sleep.
Thus, according to me all of my above explanation proves that benefits of time management are irrefutable. One who wants to use all the benefits in his life has to have an efficient time management skill. Life is all about accomplishments and enjoyments and an efficient time management is the only instrument, which helps you to find both.
You can’t allow yourself to sink under the files of pending tasks and persistently overlooking your family responsibilities or personal necessities. Adopt a proficient time management technique to lead a balanced and prosperous life.