Most of us tend to get depressed when things don’t work in our favour. At times we give our 100 per cent dedication to a task and expect something good in return, but the moment we know that our expectation is not met, we go into depression.
Depression drains your energy and hope. At times it makes you feel helpless and it makes your task even more difficult. Depression becomes a problem when it fails to pass and we don’t fight back. Depression is a part and parcel of life and we have to live with it. Being depressed for some time is natural but if it stretches over weeks then there is a problem.
It is important for us to identify whether we are really depressed or we are just upset. Once we have the answer for this than it is easy for us to work upon it. If we are upset it just the matter of that time than everything is normal, if we are into depression
Here are some ways you can overcome depression.
- Get into a routine- If you feel depressed have a routine and follow it regularly.
- Start small and stay focused- If you feel the work you are doing is too much break it into small jobs. For ex- if you are unable to walk 10 kms at a stretch then start with 1 km then gradually increase it and you will be able to complete 10 km at a stretch.
- Talk to your friends: – Talk to a friend whom you trust most you will feel relaxed and your thought process will change.
- Sleep- Depression leads to sleep problem, we should aim at least 8 hours of sound sleep.
- Eat Healthy :- There is no diet that can fix depression. It is better to keep an eye on what we eat. If Depression makes you feel over eat than keep portion control in mind.
- Challenge negative thoughts:- To overcome depression, a lot of work is mental, change the way you think. When you are depressed, you leap to the worst possible conclusions. The next time you are feeling terrible about yourself, use logic as a natural depression treatment. It takes practice to clear negative thoughts, but in time you can beat back those negative thoughts before they get out of control.
- Exercise: – It temporarily boosts the feel good chemicals called endorphins. It may also have long-term benefits for people with depression. Regular exercise seems to encourage the brain to rewire itself in positive ways.
The solution to a depression free life is to use all the tools available. If you find your depression getting worse, seek professional help. Needing additional help doesn’t mean you are weak. Sometimes the negative thinking in depression can make you lost, but depression can be treated and you can feel better!