Jamun or Black plum is an important summer fruit, associated with many health and medicinal benefits. The black plum is known to relieve stomach pain, carminative, anti-scorbutic and diuretic. Black Plum vinegar is good to reduce enlargement of spleen, diarrhoea, and those have urine retention problems. Jamum’s ployphenolic compounds are effective against cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, asthma and arthritis.
Black Plum fruit and its leaves are good for diabetic patients. The black plum has anti-diabetic features. The fruit helps to convert starch into energy and keep your blood sugar levels in check. In the summer season, the sugar patient should eat Black Plum regularly because of its low glycemic index. It reduces the symptoms of diabetes like frequent urination and thrusting. The extract of bark, seeds, and leaves are too beneficial in the treatment of diabetes.
Black Plum has adequate amount of iron and vitamin C. The presence of iron in the black plum is good to increase the haemoglobin count. The fruit’s iron content acts as blood purifying agent. Since, it is the medium of purifying your blood; therefore, it is good for skin and beauty. Iron content is beneficial in menses where the lady faces blood loss. People suffering from anemia and jaundice should eat Balck Plump because of its high iron content.
Black Plum juice has many health and medicinal benefits. Being a seasonal fruit, one should try to have more and more amount of Black Plum juice during the month of June, July and August. Some of the amazing and surprising health benefits of this juice are given below.
- It is used to treat digestive disorders such as diarrhoea
- This juice along with curd is good against digestive problems.
- Teeth related problems can be solved by applying black Plum juice or by drinking it.
- Jamun juice is beneficial in treating of piles.
- Drinking of the fresh fruit juice helps in cough and asthma.
- Jamun juice enhances your immune system.
- It protects you from cold and acts as anti-aging agent.